ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Is My Post Wandering Around in Cyberspace?

Is My Post Wandering Around in Cyberspace?

Just wondering. When you are writing a post and there is a little notice comes up saying 'auto-saved', and then the server (?) crashes, which it just did, can that post be found again, or is it lost forever?

Oh dear, oh dear. . . You have run in to the nasty problem about the various softwares they've used for their site. There is this particular glitch that it sometimes dumps a post when it's being posted. Frankly, it's a bitch. They've had people look at it and have made adjustments, and it looked like it had been remedied from timing out. But lately it has started misfiring again. I think somebody is working on the server or something because it's been really slow.

And I had exactly the same problem yesterday and I'm glad I had copied my post into a copy buffer before trying to upload. I do that every time because I know this happens occasionally. It's not a fix, but it lets me start a new post again and merely paste the contents back in and it posts usually just fine.

Sorry you had that happen.

Do this every time: As you're writing a post, just "select all' where its all highlighted and copy it as if you were doing a copy and paste, which is what essentially you are. Sometimes the post will take and you don't need to do anything else. But if you've spent time composing a post, it's worth that little extra step.

Wish I could have read what you wrote.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I believe that posts are auto-saved in your local browser, but if you don't see the option when making a post to recover the last backup ( bottom left below the post ) then you won't be able to recover it unfortunately. The server problem was due to the ongoing hardware issue and we should have a solution for this shortly after the holiday period. Sorry about that!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I usually copy before I post, but not this time. Grrr...... I will from now on!