ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perfect tracing/cloning tool

M. Aster Guest

Perfect tracing/cloning tool

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glitter Tube.JPG 
Views:	165 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	71739

This is probably the best tracing/cloning tool there is. It is very quick and easy and creates a precise clone.

(The photo was found on Flickr by Alex Saurel called "Ethiopian Girl")

Works perfectly...I have been having fun with it.
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Well ...whats the point to do so? Isn't import photo to layer better way to achieve the same?

Thanks for the great tip! This effect has all kinds of application.

Thanks again.

Bruce Rose

It would be very good to stipple the suggestion of an image. What a creative idea. I like it!

M. Aster Guest

there has to be a reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Strandy View Post
    Well ...whats the point to do so? Isn't import photo to layer better way to achieve the same?
    ...there has to be a reason to do it...maybe to trace a part of an image you have already painted into the one you are working on? Or like this portrait: it is made from at least 7 different photos found on the Internet. Eyes from one man, nose from another, mouth from a third, the face from yet another and so on. The man exists just as a digital construction made using ArtRage. That is how this tracin/cloning thech can be used.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by M. Aster; 12-21-2012 at 11:21 PM.

M. Aster Guest

Who is the artist?

Name:  Skapa remsa av bilder-001.jpg
Views: 1343
Size:  38.9 KB

I created this clone (to the right) in less then one minute by using the Glitter Tube. Original size 800 x 1000m pixels. I do not think the need for artistic skills are much needed of me in this kind of cloning/tracing. Neither do I think I learn very much by cloning/tracing like this. I also think I am doing some copyright violation by using someone elses art without permission.

Cloning and tracing like this is a delicate matter. Therefore I never ever use someone elses art, photos or paintings, to make other believe it is my work of art. I would not even dream of it. Tracing/cloning like this Elvis portrait requires almost 0% of my artistic skills, because the softrware makes the process almost automated. I just have to move my hand and keep a little eye on what I am doing. No fun at all, really.

That is what I think. Just me. IMHO

The only reason I would use cloning is to repair/ replace a bad area in an image in my Photoshop program.

Tracing, for those who like to use it, gives the rough outline of an area they want to paint. Maybe you see it as colouring in, but there is skill required to produce a good result. I look at it like you do when you embroider a prescibed image on to fabric. It's fun, relaxing and still has your stamp on it.

Everyone is on their own journey, and being righteous about your point is non-productive, 'trolling' and makes you unpopular on the forum. I, for one am very tired of reading that members are upset about your posts.

This is a warm, friendly place to be, and I am not going to have it spoiled by you. I will no longer open any of your posts.

"You get more with honey than with vinegar" is a saying that applies here.

@ Robyn...........you're wasting your time reacting to MASTER Sweedie Twaager............just say Mork.....Mork.......Mork!

Everyone will understand that!
    Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

Smile Smiling Again!!!

I'm practicing! Mork, Mork, Mork!!! (What does that mean???)