ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Political vignette

Political vignette

Just one of the latest comic situations here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DerogheVignetta.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	232.6 KB 
ID:	71726  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Well Caesar I have no idea what the text says, but it sure is a bonny lass, possibly a weight lifter for the next olympics ?
    Geoff

Caesar, this is so funny, did she win the beauty contest lolgreat drawing

Wonderful curves. I think I met this person late one night when I was young and full of Rum.
    The past is history, the future is a mystery, all you have is the present

This is probably a bad translation but what can ya do with these online translators. It's close enough to get the gist:

"To be a miss is a miss, but it seems to me that already has too many competitions and should leave space for young people."

"Well, you know, she had the derogation."

-----------

derogation |ˌderəˈgā sh ən|
    noun
    1 an exemption from or relaxation of a rule or law : the massive derogation of human rights.
    2 the perception or treatment of someone as being of little worth : the derogation of women.
    ORIGIN late Middle English (in the sense [impairment of the force of] ): from Latin derogatio(n-), from the verb derogare (see derogate ).

---------

Excellent drawing Caesar. Demented idea that I'm sure has some relevance on the Italian scene. But, Madonna, she's my first grade piano teacher come back to make me run scales. . .
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Dear Geoff, the stage Miss Italia 2013 contest.
    The protagonist is Rosi Bindi, a very long-standing parliamentary member, who's also unmarried (and not really a beauty and such a well-tempered guy, to be honest).
    Her party established a rule according to which You cannot be candidate to the Parliament after You accomplished two mandates, unless You expressely ask for a derogation. The first guy says, more or less "She actually is a miss, but she competited too many times and she should leave her place to younger people". The second one answered "Well, You know, she obtained a derogation".
    "Pour etre une miss, elle est une miss, mais il me parait qu'elle ait participé à trop d'editions et doit laisser espace aux jeunes"; "Bien,tu sais, elle a eu une dérogation".
    I guess now, if You know also some French, You may decrypt also directly some of the specific Italian words.
    Thank You!

We'll wait and see at next end of February elections, dear Pat. Quite frankly I hope not. Thank You!

Dear GrsArts, I think You should have drunk even more rhum and try to forget such a meeting. LOL

Perfect translation, dear D Akey! The side explanation is in my reply to Geoff just above. Anyway some scales excercise on the piano wouldn't be bad for You to resume. I guess You had some weird sado-maso erotic dream on Your teacher then. LOL Than You!