ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: making canveses

making canveses

How does one make new canveses? I thought they were just png files until I saw that they're cpr. Do I need something special (other than a graphics program) or can I convert them through artrage? I have a head full of ideas.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

Cpr files are canvas presets. Canvas grains are a separate item which are included when you save a cpr file ( so that if you distribute the cpr file someone else can use it even if they don't have the grain ).

The png file is used as a canvas grain ( the texture of the canvas ), the cpr file is a set of settings ( like roughness, colour etc ).

So, you can load your image file as a grain via View -> Canvas settings, clicking the grain preview then importing your image, you can set up the roughness, colour and so on that you want in the canvas panel then save the result by clicking '
    new' and saving it as a new file.

The section 'Canvas Properties' on page 73 of the manual goes into canvasses in a little more detail. I hope this helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Ironically, I made it to page 72 and gave up. I put a png in my grains folder and it worked but it looked like I expected to. So can I put the ones I make into a package to share? And is there a proper size? I noticed the ones I have are different sizes. The test one I made was 500x500.
    PS: The manual for this is outstanding.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

That's right. You can put canvas grains into a package file to share ( Add group -> paper grains, then add canvas grains to that ) and also canvas presets. As canvas presets contain the canvas grain you could add these alone.

There's not really a specific size for canvas grains. If the canvas grain image tiles then people can use it in larger images.

Great to hear the documentation's been useful so far!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design