ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: My first play time!

My first play time!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	160.2 KB 
ID:	71690I'm testing if I can upload an image. This is the product of me playing with my new iPad and Artrage. I've never done any art and cannot draw, but love putting shapes , colours and textures together.
    This forum is very inspirational. I am enjoying viewing some great work and doodling myself.

Doodle on! Looks like fun. And not a bad thing to look at either. Good on ya.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

And here is another one!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	423.0 KB 
ID:	71691  

Thanks for that encouragement, D Akey. Playing with the tools, etc is fun, but the serious side of it is that I get to learn how the tools and settings work.

As I said, I am no good at art, but my friend is. She is going to embark on illustrating some stories, but is what she calls a technophobe! She is keen to try Artrage and if I can get to grips with the mechanics, I can then show her how to work with Artrage. The tutorials look good, but are just a bit too meaty for her at the moment. So I am looking forward to having fun myself, and also getting her started.

Quote Originally Posted by grayflo View Post
    Thanks for that encouragement, D Akey. Playing with the tools, etc is fun, but the serious side of it is that I get to learn how the tools and settings work.

As I said, I am no good at art, but my friend is. She is going to embark on illustrating some stories, but is what she calls a technophobe! She is keen to try Artrage and if I can get to grips with the mechanics, I can then show her how to work with Artrage. The tutorials look good, but are just a bit too meaty for her at the moment. So I am looking forward to having fun myself, and also getting her started.

Nonsense. You're merely a great artist waiting for your experience to catch up.

As to your friend, the toots are great here, but don't rule out Youtube for some very cool process vids. For me things like that are always easier than reading directions.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Practice, study, watch You Tube, practice some more, look stuff up in Tips and Tricks, ask the Forum, practice, play, play ..... and so on. The more you try, the better you get!

Welcome to the forums, great pictures and I really like the second one very much, well done and enjoy yourself
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Nonsense. You're merely a great artist waiting for your experience to catch up.
    Aw, you say the nicest things! **blush**

thanks for the welcome, copes and Copespeak. This certainly is a nice place to learn.

Welcome to the forum, you are off to a good start, enjoy playing and be sure and save one of your first attempts to look back on in the future to see how far you have come. The bug has bitten, no turning back now.
    Geoff