ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dark Secrets in the Garden

Dark Secrets in the Garden

what spurs growth? and the color and diversity of a summer garden... especially in winter when all is dormant and waiting for the warmth of summer...are they holding secrets??...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dark Secrets in the Garden.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	489.0 KB 
ID:	71689  

A truly delicious painting! :0)

Nice one, matey! I very much like the poetic intention behind this. It adds an infinite amount of tone to the experience to be mulling over such a concept, like having a glass of wine at an exhibition. It's taking charge of the presentation in a way. Later when it is bought and hung elsewhere, that's on them to set that up. But this shows it off nicely and draws me in to further conceptual musings wandering around this garden of potentiality.

Personally, the first thing that had come to mind when looking, even before I read your comment was Cyd Charisse in Central Park at night (can't recall if it was Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly who she was with). Love is part of that expression and potential both in paintings and certainly dances of that kind.

Were a whole garden buried inside one sleeping seed, this would be the inside of that seed, perhaps the dreams therein.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I hope a buried corpse is not among the secrets of this garden, although it may be an agriculturally favorable one! LOL I absolutely love this painting where the black of a winterly dormant, but still fertile soil is protecting and growing underground all the colorful plants, vegetables, flowers and fruits which will sprout later in spring.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    A truly delicious painting! :0)
    thanks copespeak... I think we should serve a fine Australian wine and cheese as DAkey suggests...

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I hope a buried corpse is not among the secrets of this garden, although it may be an agriculturally favorable one! LOL I absolutely love this painting where the black of a winterly dormant, but still fertile soil is protecting and growing underground all the colorful plants, vegetables, flowers and fruits which will sprout later in spring.
    Caesar.. nope no bodies here !... just the hidden colors of next springs flowers, and vegetables...!...

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Nice one, matey! I very much like the poetic intention behind this. It adds an infinite amount of tone to the experience to be mulling over such a concept, like having a glass of wine at an exhibition. It's taking charge of the presentation in a way. Later when it is bought and hung elsewhere, that's on them to set that up. But this shows it off nicely and draws me in to further conceptual musings wandering around this garden of potentiality.

Personally, the first thing that had come to mind when looking, even before I read your comment was Cyd Charisse in Central Park at night (can't recall if it was Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly who she was with). Love is part of that expression and potential both in paintings and certainly dances of that kind.

Were a whole garden buried inside one sleeping seed, this would be the inside of that seed, perhaps the dreams therein.
    Love your new avatar..you must have had fun with that!... thanks for you in depth analysis of this..I think that was Cyd and Gene Kelly...but not positive... glad you found sustenance in the garden of potentiality!...

Nice one Gary , the dormancy of winter, the remnants of fall and the hidden growth of spring.
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by limey-g View Post
    Nice one Gary , the dormancy of winter, the remnants of fall and the hidden growth of spring.
    Geoff
    Geoff..careful mate you are getting to understanding my abstracts...
    .. not sure of the side effects of that!...

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    Geoff..careful mate you are getting to understanding my abstracts...
    .. not sure of the side effects of that!...
    Time to get worried Gary is when I attempt to do one.
    Geoff

hallo ..how are you?
    I like it a lot, very warm and active.