ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The dance

The dance

It was a hot Brazilian night,
    The music was oh so sensual,
    Their bodies entwined they danced the dance of love.
    THE TANGO

Hope you like it, the fishnet stockings were done in p/s.
    Geoff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tango3.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	287.8 KB 
ID:	71666  

WOW Geoff, this is fantastic, love it, great form

Wow! I feel like I should be making a wish! That's quite a stretch! . . . er. . . I mean for you as a painter. This is more challenging for you, being that it is a more complex image, though not sure if it is as demanding of exactitude as a portrait face. I get the passion of the dance really well int his pic. Personally, I like the fishnet stocking that I assume you pieced together later to get it clear like that. It works. And coupled with the sea colors of the dress, why it suddenly makes me want to go trawling in Argentina, birthplace of the Tango, if I recall my Argentine friends' words.

Looks very iconic. I like the other people set back and out of focus as it is. Gives it a bit of context, and that all ayes are on these two.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

A passionate subject for this neat and masterful painting. I noticed the unconventional choice of a cold palette in some elements like the lady's green dress which removes some of the pasion feeling, but gives an original touch to such a frequently painted subject. Maybe it's due to the fact that they're dancing a tango in Brazil, which would explain the green color and possibly a samba to follow LOL. After all tango is danced anywhere, in Canada too I guess, although the native country and where I suspect You may still find by far most of the schools and professional dancers is Argentina.
    As far as I remember, it's a music and dance born in Buenos Aires slums, a product of poor people, a mix of Italian immigrants and Spanish original colonizers fuzing the elements of these two Latin cultures, thus with a substantially different story than the Brazilian and other South American national sounds.
    Here it's since long time one of the popular (and not locally folkloristic) dances (I mean danced by people of any age, even very mature ones), along with waltz, polka, mazurka and a few and most recent entries of Latin American dances.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I like this one...a masterful painting !!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Thanks everyone for your kind words as to my country of choice for the dance I have a friend from Sao Paulo in Brazil who likes to dance the Tango, so just a little personal touch.

As to doing the fishnet in p/s I did a little research and found a series of brushes to do just that and the masking is just so much easier in p/s.
    Must see if they will transfer into Artrage.
    Merry Christmas to everyone.
    Geoff

I'm curious...did you trace over an actual picture for this?

I did a trace of a basic outline of the two people as drawing is not my thing, I enjoy the painting side of things.
    Geoff

Looks like Dancing With The Stars!

Very well done!

Such a romantic and beautiful painting Geoff, oh and I love the stockings
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307