ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying Not to Fiddle

Trying Not to Fiddle

I love ornamental goldfish, and even used to sell them years ago. I would hunt up the most beautiful from the wholesalers, and really got to appreciate all the different types and 'designs'.

So I thought I have a crack at some. First one I messed around too much and got bogged down in detail, so thought I would just loosen up a bit. Here's my first effort. I think I might go back in and put some more fish together in a group.

Everybody sing. . .

"Does you chewing gum loose its flavor on the goldfish overnight. . . "

What an interesting head they have. Beautiful fish. Tropical fish were just made to be painted.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

He's actually a High Head Oranda, and goldfish are in fact cold water fish. They are so quaint.

He does look like he's got a gob of chewing gum on his head!! I never thought of it that way. :0)
    Last edited by copespeak; 12-14-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Everybody sing. . .

"Does you chewing gum loose its flavor on the goldfish overnight. . . "

What an interesting head they have. Beautiful fish. Tropical fish were just made to be painted.
    Never had you down as a Lonnie Donegan man.

So unique

I think he is amazing !

Quote Originally Posted by limey-g View Post
    Never had you down as a Lonnie Donegan man.
    Oh, lad, you betcha. . . although I did hear it on the radio. But the most surprising performance was a lass named Patty S. in me 6th grade class who performed it solo adding a "squeak squeak" as she pinched her throat after "but you swallowed it in spite". I thought "Golly! That's creative license!" Blew me horizons wide open thereafter and I set off to learn Casey at the Bat which I performed in 6th grade "to the wonderment of all".

Just to share with the youngsters like Copespeak, heh? Limey-G, you yourself may enjoy another listen to it yourself. Surprisingly good recording for youtube. Jolly good fun!

Lonnie Donegan - Does Your Chewing Gum Lose it's Flavour? - YouTube
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Youngster like me? I wish.......

We used to sing that song all the time when it was popular, and it still gets a run every now and again.

What a gentle and delicate painting! I like it!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thank you for your compliments, and for the added humour!

a beautiful work...could be a whole series of works..