ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: dots for snow

dots for snow

I'm trying to find a brush for a light snow effect. All the brushes I have found have the right kind of snow but I can't get them to paint with the snow flakes far apart. I've tried changing things in spray variation but nothing seems to help. The flakes are too dense and I want just a few scattered about. Can you tell me how to do this?

Thanks
    pslane

Air Brush Spats in Stickers, or Glitter Tube with the light turned off in Canvas Settings?

I made a snowflake sticker and presets, that I posted on the forums here some time ago, but I cant seem to locate the thread. So I've decided to put the "Snowflakes" Sticker Spray Preset and its Sticker in an .arpack file, along with a new "Snoweflake 2" Sticker Spray Preset (examples of both are in the attached image). You can download the file from here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27387217/Sn...-by-SOS.arpack

Once you have the .arpack saved to your computer, double clicking on the file should active the auto-install process for ArtRage Studio. Once installed, you can find the presets by selecting the Sticker Spray Tool, opening the Presets panel, and select one of the two Snowflake presets from the "Snowflakes" group.

Enjoy!

Examples from the Sticker Spray Presets:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snowflakesex.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	71564
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

There are several ways.
    For example, following the suggestion by Copespeak, you can use the sticker with the Airbrush Spat preset.
    Or, if you want more complex flakes, you can also download one of the many Photoshop brushes present on the Web, for example those linked in:
    http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/freebies/48-snow-ice-snowflake-and-christmas-brushes/
    Here are two examples of the possible results
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snowflake with airbrush spat sticker.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	71565   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snowflake brush.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	71566  

After my last post, I noticed you were looking for a more "Sparse" look. Normally, changing the "Spray Rate" setting, allows for enough change to suit ones needs, but in this case, it wasn't separating the flakes enough for my taste, so I modified my sticker sheet, to accommodate for the needed space. It works by adding blank stickers to the sticker sheet. So basically, ArtRage can have up to a 1 in 8 chance of pulling a snowflake from the sticker sheet, when pulling from a single column. In layperson terms, if you set the "Sheet Row" dial, for "Random", to a higher value, you'll get less snowflakes dropping from your brush. For those of you without AR Studio Pro, I don't believe you'll have access to the Sticker Variations panel, so I've set up five presets for you to use.

Once more, I've set them all up within an .arpack. Just download the pack, and install it, as I mentioned in my last post. Here's the link for download: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27387217/Sn..._by_SOS.arpack

Name:	snowflakes ex.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	71568

The presets worked great, Someonesane! I will keep all the suggestions for future use, but the SOS.arpack works fine on my painting.

Thanks,
    pslane

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    I made a snowflake sticker and presets, that I posted on the forums here some time ago, but I cant seem to locate the thread. So I've decided to put the "Snowflakes" Sticker Spray Preset and its Sticker in an .arpack file, along with a new "Snoweflake 2" Sticker Spray Preset (examples of both are in the attached image). You can download the file from here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27387217/Sn...-by-SOS.arpack

Once you have the .arpack saved to your computer, double clicking on the file should active the auto-install process for ArtRage Studio. Once installed, you can find the presets by selecting the Sticker Spray Tool, opening the Presets panel, and select one of the two Snowflake presets from the "Snowflakes" group.

Enjoy!

These are great Someonesane, and I hope to use them in a another attempt at a winter painting....thanks for creating

Quote Originally Posted by pslane View Post
    The presets worked great, Someonesane! I will keep all the suggestions for future use, but the SOS.arpack works fine on my painting.

Thanks,
    pslane

Glad they're working out well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by drawing4art View Post
    These are great Someonesane, and I hope to use them in a another attempt at a winter painting....thanks for creating
    No problem

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post

Enjoy!

I like your both snowflakes images. These flakes look so Christmas real. Thanks for your ideas. Something just came to my mind what I can use as as example in my paintings