ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Children's Book

Children's Book

Hello, I'm new to ArtRage and art in general. I wrote a children's book and was looking to illustrate it. After looking at open source solutions I came across ArtRage Studio Pro, fell in love with the software and the amazingly competitive price(needs to be noted and applauded!).

You can see the whole book in my gallery: members.artrage.com/gallery_images/21201
    (need to all http at the beginning since forum filters it out)

Thanks,
    Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	final_1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	340.7 KB 
ID:	71548   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	final_3.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	71549  

Congratulations! Very cool message. Bet you have a great sense of accomplishment.

Igor looks a little like Zack from Saved By The Bell, heh, though the personality is more like a mentor. Very cool.

Here's a link for anyone wanting to see the book. I've been around so long I can get away with the whole address.

http://members.artrage.com/gallery_images/21201
    Last edited by D Akey; 12-06-2012 at 06:33 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks a bunch! I'm pretty happy with the book. Never thought I'd be writing kid's books, it's crazy what having kids can do to you!

Nice job on the illustrations , it must be great to have the talent to write plus being able to do the illustrations also.
    Geoff

Hey Geoff, Thanks for the compliment... but in all honesty, when it comes to drawing, I have close to zero innate talent.

I've always wanted to be able to draw, so I made an apple app (Poseable) to help me learn anatomy and such. When it came to this book I used it to block out every shot then drew and erased over them until I liked the result (as I progressed I did get more proficient). My first illustration probably took me 7 hours, by the end I got down to around 2.

It took me two weeks to write the book, then 4 months to draw it! I'm going to be releasing an instructable showing how I worked through illustrating the book. Not so much on the drawing, more on the entire process.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Thumbs up

I enjoyed reading the story and the illustrations are great also

Thumbs up Time to advertise it

danVulanovic

Perhaps you want to include this in our ArtRageUS Magazine: Ragers Bookshelf section? It's free.

bobbyray@artrageus.net

You said: "I'm going to be releasing an instructable showing how I worked through illustrating the book. Not so much on the drawing, more on the entire process."

I'd love it if you could explain more about how Poseable works, but also, the process you use when planning and executing your book. This is fascinating and I love what you have shown us already on this thread.

Dan, did you develop this app, Poseable? It looks really great. Just like the old wooden mannequins, only updated for the digital era. I looked at the users' manual. The controls seem complex to my non-computery brain, but maybe I should play with the free version first.
    This could be a huge help to my friend and I who will be collaborating on a book with illustrations.

Thanks for sharing and what great work on your book, cant wait to see more