ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Text menus: More bevels and drop shadows, plz :)

Text menus: More bevels and drop shadows, plz :)

Considering how nice it is to work in AR, would it be possible to fix the menus a bit? They look like UNIX rejects compared to the rest
    of the UI. Even another color could do the trick. They just seem out of place.
    Oh, and the font selection.... very hard to get around in, need preview and a proper scrolling list (I think someone alrewady said that though) but at least a little face-lift like the menus.

I don't mind the look of it all, but using the text could be a lot more user friendly, especially when you have a lot of Fonts installed. I go off to Photoshop, it's much easier.

For me the menu is OK, but I agree with the request about better font implementation. At least a simple preview of the font appearance is essential in my opinion.

Thanks for the suggestion. The menus are OS menus, so the appearance can't be changed by us. There are some significant advantages to using OS menus but it does mean that you will get the default look based on your Windows or OS X settings. Different options for font selection is something we may look at for the future.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Ah, it boils down to "aaaargh... windows...."

Too bad about the menus. Can't really bring myself to ask you do internal ones
    So, can I script my own buttons for common menu commands, like in radial menus etc? Haven't really looked into scripting yet. I don't know why, I just don't like looking at the menus. If I could have an OS that looked like AR I would

The script system wouldn't be able to create interface buttons, but this might help:

Commands in ArtRage generally have keyboard shortcuts, or if not, a keyboard shortcut can be assigned in Edit -> Set Keyboard Shortcuts

Steve B on these forums has created a toolbar application which works with ArtRage, which can access a number of functions in Artrage via keyboard shortcuts. It may be worthwhile checking out to see if it's useful for you.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...olbar-is-ready!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Nice to hear your thoughts about menu. Didn't think about this before