ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horse Sketch and Wash

Horse Sketch and Wash

Off to a new Artist Market this weekend, so am getting some new work done for prints. Today's effort is a horse from a nearby horse trials we went to a while ago. I wanted to get it much more rougher than this, but my nature is to detail, detail! Hopefully I stopped before it tightened up too much. Mostly Pencil, Wax Crayon, Scrubbing with a really dry Oil brush, a bit of Gloop Pen and Blender. Good fun!
    Last edited by copespeak; 12-04-2012 at 06:13 PM.

I love it. Really clear and artistic all at once. Good luck with the show. . . or break a pencil lead or something -- I'm not sure if you wish artists luck in reverse like with thespians or straight ahead like the rest of the ticket buyers.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

You really succeeded in a tools combination I love and I would like to proceed after some attempt, pencil (or ink) and washes, like the sketches and studies of so many great classical masters. An absolutely excellent drawing.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Wow I really like this sketch, I can only dream of doing work like this, good luck at the show.
    Geoff

Wishing you lots of luck and I am certain that you will sell plenty.
    Your sketches here are beautiful.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Really an excellent drawing.
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Thank you all so much for your kind words. Break a pencil lead? I like that Mr. Akey!

copespeak....wow a very impressive drawing.. wonderfully realized and not at all too detailed.. just enough to clearly define yet allows me to see all the wonderful mark making that blends effortlessly into a beautiful drawing..( gush gush...) ...

Thank you Mr. gxh!

I've always loved doing 'lines', and it takes while getting them to translate into AR. When I draw doing hard copy, I like to use Conte on its edge. You can press and release to get those lovely variations.

I've had a few days to look at my horse critically and there will be some minor alterations before committing to printing out tomorrow.

Great piece!
    Wish I could draw like that!

Arjen