ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comic Relief

Comic Relief

a nostalgic look back at carnival old painted wood in bright colors now faded...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Comic Relief.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	515.8 KB 
ID:	71501  

I always love your gorgeous colour mixes, and also this time the 3D effect! Very clever. :0)

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    I always love your gorgeous colour mixes, and also this time the 3D effect! Very clever. :0)
    So glad you like these colors... the 3D look was just ink lines on a layer.. then taken into PS for a bevel emboss effect..

WOW Gary, you are on fire, great one as always

Pat.. there you are ! you just disappeared for a while, and I was wondering what you were up to... so happy to have you back with us and glad you like this one...

Carnival is coming back fairly soon, so You may paint it again and hopefully wipe off some nostalgic thought and restore the beauty Your art creates around You as well as on this forum virtual artworld.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Yeah, I get it. I love the design of the shapes. Colors, while not as bright as a present day carnival, work together elegantly though alluding to the excessive saturation, which for me speaks of carnival experience, with all the lights, sounds, action, smells. . . Very original take on an old American cultural fixture, being the carnival or boardwalk or circus or theme park, etc.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Carnival is coming back fairly soon, so You may paint it again and hopefully wipe off some nostalgic thought and restore the beauty Your art creates around You as well as on this forum virtual artworld.
    Yes the Carnival spirit is always among us and in any culture represents gaiety, fun and comedy as a respite from the grind that daily life brings to so many...

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Yeah, I get it. I love the design of the shapes. Colors, while not as bright as a present day carnival, work together elegantly though alluding to the excessive saturation, which for me speaks of carnival experience, with all the lights, sounds, action, smells. . . Very original take on an old American cultural fixture, being the carnival or boardwalk or circus or theme park, etc.
    Thanks DAkey..I think you hit on the exact mood and sentiment of this piece.

I like it
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Terrific Gary. Yes, you're on fire.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4