ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deleting unused stencils?

Deleting unused stencils?

Hi all! I think I've asked this question before, but have completely forgotten the answer.... Oh well...

I've got a lot of stencils in my stencils section for textures and so on, but there are an awful lot in there that I've only needed used once. So I was wondering if there was a way to delete some of them, because there are a lot that I don't use anymore...

Thanks in advance guys!

Hi Bluetabbycat,
    Open the Stencils Panel, navigate to the thumbnail image of the stencil you wish to remove and Right Click on its thumbnail image. A small dialog box will open asking if you want to Delete the item or Rename it, chose Delete.

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Hi Bluetabbycat,
    Open the Stencils Panel, navigate to the thumbnail image of the stencil you wish to remove and Right Click on its thumbnail image. A small dialog box will open asking if you want to Delete the item or Rename it, chose Delete.
    I've tried that - no dialogue box appears when I right click on them.

Ah, I see…
    I should have said that's how it works on Macs with ARPro3.5 Maybe its different for Windows?
    What OS and version of AR are you using?
    Another way would be to do it manually by going to the Stencils folder itself where they are kept and just delete what you don't want from there. This too works on Macs.
    The path on a Mac is: HomeFolder>Library>Application Support>ArtRage 3>Resources>Stencils
    Last edited by markw; 12-03-2012 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Ah, I see…
    I should have said that's how it works on Macs with ARPro3.5 Maybe its different for Windows?
    What OS and version of AR are you using?
    Another way would be to do it manually by going to the Stencils folder itself where they are kept and just delete what you don't want from there. This too works on Macs.
    The path on a Mac is: HomeFolder>Library>Application Support>ArtRage 3>Resources>Stencils
    I'm using ARPro3.5 too, but on Windows 7. I had a poke around my computer, but I can't work out what the PC equivalent of that path would be.

I'm probably just being obtuse.

That's strange, I get a menu if I right click on a stencil in a category in the stencils panel in Windows. If you're doing it with a stylus, try right clicking with the mouse instead perhaps to check if there's a problem with right click.

Otherwise, especially if you want to delete a number of stencils, you can go to Tools -> user Content -> Open user stencils folder. This will open the users stencils folder and within it you will see categories as folders and stencils as individual image files. All of the stencils you've added to ArtRage will be located here by default. You can delete the items you don't want, then restart ArtRage so that the stencil panel is updated fully.

I hope this helps
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I get an option to delete stencils when I right click on them, but only if they are not a default stencil (one that came with ArtRage), and only if they are in a user made group. If you have "Favorites" selected, there will be no dialogue box when you right click on them. Try it again, but make sure you're selecting the stencils in the group they're from, and not the favorites, and make sure they aren't default (they'll have a little lock icon, if they are).
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

That's a good point which I neglected to mention, thanks Someonesane!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    That's a good point which I neglected to mention, thanks Someonesane!
    No problem
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks guys! You've been really helpful! Doing it manually worked all right, but right clicking and doing it one by one didn't work at all!