ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter Fires

Winter Fires

a cold dreary freezing fog of a day so I am thinking of warm fireplaces, and a good single malt.. hope you enjoy..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winter Fires.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	459.6 KB 
ID:	71486  

Very nice one. I really like it. Great colors and it seems like there's an overall vision providing an evaluation of the elements as they go in, size, color, texture. But it still allows for differences that compliment each other. They seem to belong together like a band or orchestral sensibility. Very good.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Very nice one. I really like it. Great colors and it seems like there's an overall vision providing an evaluation of the elements as they go in, size, color, texture. But it still allows for differences that compliment each other. They seem to belong together like a band or orchestral sensibility. Very good.
    DAKey thanks for your great comment. The openness of this and structure allowing each element to harmonize must be a result of listening to more Chopin...

Hi Gary, so good to see your paintings again, this one is so appealing and a real pleasure to view

Pat..thanks and great to see you back on the forum..

Another beauty! How long do these complex constructions take? So much thought, design and colour matching.

A bit chilly where you are? I've just come in from some hours in the garden, with a big hat on the keep the sun off, and now a bit hot and sweaty. It's an amazing world with different experiences at opposite ends of it, and we can all keep in touch. :0)

The painting does show it. It's certainly cold and misty around Your home and even upstairs, but You do have a central warm place where You find the comfort You're looking for while under siege by an unfriendly weather: light, color, warmth. A metaphore too?
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Another beauty! How long do these complex constructions take? So much thought, design and colour matching.

A bit chilly where you are? I've just come in from some hours in the garden, with a big hat on the keep the sun off, and now a bit hot and sweaty. It's an amazing world with different experiences at opposite ends of it, and we can all keep in touch. :0)
    copespeak...I am a layer fanatic everything ( color or shape ) starts on its own layer, then much manipulation of blending modes. transforming layers to re-position the elements to a more pleasing arrangement, more blending mode, maybe some new layers, and masking out unwanted elements...much squinting, head scratching, mulling.. but generally they take 1-3 hours.. I am not much for long drawn out efforts unfortunately so my work reflects a more immediate working method. I have been using AR and Photoshop for many years so a lot of what I want to do is second nature.. as I look at the work i decide what it needs to bring it more clarity or harmony..with the whole.. I hope that gives you some insight into these pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    The painting does show it. It's certainly cold and misty around Your home and even upstairs, but You do have a central warm place where You find the comfort You're looking for while under siege by an unfriendly weather: light, color, warmth. A metaphore too?
    Caesar...definitely a metaphore..and well put...

Nice one

Yes and all of the above comments are so true.....great artworks.....

Nice. I like what DAkey had to say about this, I agree. I enjoy the way the various elements visually jump forward or recede depending on contrast, color and scale. The paint stroke textures are lovely as well.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM