ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dec ArtRageUS Magazine is Hot Off the Presses

Exclamation Dec ArtRageUS Magazine is Hot Off the Presses

Hi Ragers,

a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday Season to all of you from Bobbyray and ArtRageUS.

Our latest edition of ArtRageUS Magazine is now available for download at the links below.

http://www.artrageus.net (archives 2012)

and
    View + menu>Options>download offline version
    a Flip page magazine version is at:

direct link to download
    http://free.yudu.com/item/details/65...-1--2012-Issue

YUDU library link (all mags)
    http://free.yudu.com/library

Name:  CoverPhoto.PNG
Views: 207
Size:  252.6 KB
    Last edited by Bobbyray; 12-01-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Hi Bobbyray,
    thanks for the new issue, and congrats as usual for the hard work.
    Just one question about the Christmas cards: did you decide to skip them of am I missing something? I don't see any card in the pdf issue.

.... also Ragers' best paintings?

Exclamation Hang on

We have a server problem on VodaHost..... I am working on it......doh

I will let you know when it is good. Sorry guys. I didn't do it. hehe

The download on YUDU is working fine and the mag is complete there.
    Last edited by Bobbyray; 12-02-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Thumbs up We have a GO for download

OK, sorry guys.....the problem is corrected. whew.

It is good for downloading now. enjoy!

68 pages. http://www.artrageus.net click on the Dec 2012 archives menu.
    Last edited by Bobbyray; 12-02-2012 at 01:18 AM.

It's ok now, thanks

Many thanks Bobby Ray. That for all your hard work and for my inclusion in this edition.

Hot off the presses it may be, but I have to correct a statement I made about one of the magazines available from the newsagents. Unfortunately, even in the few days since I typed those words, 'Fantasy Artist' magazine has ceased to be. I'm on subscription and was surprised to receive an alternate magazine in its place the other day without warning. I contacted Imagine Publishing who are behind it to inform them of the 'mistake', only to be told that it has ceased publication and that I have been migrated onto 'Advanced Photoshop' instead. It kind of reinforces a point I made about how well Photoshop is covered in editorials while other software have comparatively meagre pickings.

That's disappointing on two levels. 1) the loss of an alternate magazine dedicated more to digital painting - 2) the lack of courtesy displayed by Imagine in not letting the readership know that their money was going to be spent on something they didn't order, without prior consultation.

It makes outlets like AtrRageUS all the more valuable.
    Last edited by Nickillus; 12-03-2012 at 12:28 AM.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Quote Originally Posted by Nickillus View Post
    Unfortunately, even in the few days since I typed those words, 'Fantasy Artist' magazine has ceased to be. I'm on subscription and was surprised to receive an alternate magazine in its place the other day without warning. I contacted Imagine Publishing who are behind it to inform them of the 'mistake', only to be told that it has ceased publication and that I have been migrated onto 'Advanced Photoshop' instead. It kind of reinforces a point I made about how well Photoshop is covered in editorials while other software have comparatively meagre pickings.

That's disappointing on two levels. 1) the loss of an alternate magazine dedicated more to digital painting - 2) the lack of courtesy displayed by Imagine in not letting the readership know that their money was going to be spent on something they didn't order, without prior consultation.

It makes outlets like AtrRageUS all the more valuable.
    Hi Nick. Just some days ago I wrote to Bobbyray about a very similar experience I had in the past. I was a subscriber of the Imagine Publishing "Corel Painter Official Magazine". After 3 years, they suddenly dropped it, and I start receiving instead the new "Digital Artist". At first they announced than the new magazine would have covered, besides Painter, also ArtRage. But after a few issues, I noticed the usual trend, a lot of space devoted to the Adobe giants, Photoshop and Illustrator, so I ended the subscription.
    Imagine Publishing also started a "Corel Paintshop Pro Official Magazine", and guess what, it has soon disappeared.
    It seems that, at least for printed publications, only Adobe products provide enough interest. This is a pity for people, like us, that also like smaller products with unique features, and for this reason I think, and told Bobbyray, that his magazine on Artrage is particularly relevant for the community.

Yes Antlab,
    It's the very same magazine in its latest incarnation (Painter Magazine - to - Digital Artist - to - Fantasy Artist) - but has finally died it seems. Makes me think of the liquid metal robot in Terminator that adopts different forms. That eventualy died too.

I've cancelled my subscription now. Not happy to accept whatever magazine Imagine Publishing think is closest to what I actually signed up for. That seems like a very odd way to operate.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Congrats Bobby Ray and staff on a great issue. wow. stunning.
    getting very professional looking.

congrats to Katie. what a great article and fantastic art. I can see that HIA becoming very popular and a great showcase for ArtRage. also congrats to Nick for letting us know what he's up to and showing his art and to all the ragers in the artist portal Best Artwork section. What an impressive collection of art! Thanks to the volunteers and artists for a great issue.