ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Trouble with the color picker and streaking

Trouble with the color picker and streaking

Sorry but since the upgrade today the color picker has started sticking, won't work, won't change colors, won't get off metallic, even will show a completely different color in the little color spot than is on the picker where the points are or dots or whatever you call these things. I also just got a streak that could not be removed after using the knife on chaos type of choice. Oops, and help please. Thank you. Marilyn Anne

I've been trying to reproduce the problems you describe and I haven't been able to so far on the current build in the App Store. The first thing to do would be to shut down all parked apps and reboot in case there is a memory problem, see here for instructions: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ps-and-restart

If that doesn't help could you let us know the version of iOS you're using and the type of iPad you're using and we can look in to it.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks Matt

I just did reboot and used the color picker and it seemed to be better but I did get an unremoveable streak. I have had trouble too with the knife jumping into a higher pressure. I have also experienced the paint suddenly jumping into Metalic. I have become very vigilant when I notice a change in how things are going. That was happening before the upgrade today. I have done many painting though in the last month that have turned out well but with that vigilance. Well, we shall see! I have a first generation iPad and it seems to be doing well. Indeed thanks! Marilyn Anne. PS I don't know what IOS is! PPS just found iOS is 5.1.1 and is shown as up to date.
    Last edited by Marilyn Anne; 11-30-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Time to update

The color picker does seem to be doing better however the streaking is still there when you use the frost technique . The jumping also includes jumping into a square brush from a pointed one and unfortunately I also just crashed. That is not so usual. Still painting still love the program and I save and send a lot to protect what I am doing. Well hope it works out. I will clean up and reboot again to be on the safe side. Thanks for any help. Marilyn

I suspect the streaking is a speed thing - The wet blender is one of the most complex tools and it can continue to process after your stroke finishes. If you tap somewhere else on the screen while it is processing you may see a line project from the current end of the stroke being processed to the new point. That's something we're looking in to for an update.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks Matt

However today I had a lot of crashing almost every time I tried to deal with frosting and yes unfortunately streaking. I am sure you will get things right. Meanwhile , I work around it. Thanks! Marilyn