ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interface is not rotating

Interface is not rotating

I am a total newbie with artrage. Maybe I am missing something, but even when I rotate my ipad, the artrage interface stays locked into portrait mode.

I'd prefer to work in landscape and have the tool bin along the short left hand edge of the screen. Do I have to do something to enable that? I hope you can help. Thanks.

It sounds like you have rotation locked on the iPad, as ArtRage will always rotate to be facing upward when you rotate your iPad and this isn't happening for you.

Double tap the home button on your iPad, then swipe right in the bar at the bottom. You should see a circular arrow on the left. If it has a lock icon in it, that's the problem. Tap it once to unlock rotation on your iPad.

I hope this helps.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks for your input, Dave. But the rotation lock is not on. When I turn the ipad in other apps, the screen rotates too. It's only in artrage this happens.
    i did what you suggested and an audio player was there. So I guess that is mute facility, not rotation lock.
    Do you have any other suggestion? Would uninstalling and reinstalling help? Can that be done in the App Store.?

I have also fiddled with the wee button above the rocker switch. I have an ipad4. That locks and unlocks rotation and it is unlocked at present. As I said, it seems only Artrage is locked.

Thanks for the information. Actually, it looks like there's a problem relating to the app itself, please ignore the previous info I posted. We've managed to reproduce this here and are looking into it now. We'll release an update as soon as it's resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Update: The build has been checked here and it appears to be working fine. We've uploaded it to Apple and we'll let you know as soon as it's ready for download. In the meantime, if you're using iOS 6 hold off on updating, and if you've already updated you will unfortunately have to work with non rotating UI for a few days while the new app is approved. Sorry for the inconvenience!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Cool

It will be worth waiting for! Many thanks for the work you guys have put in. I appreciate it.

So I just updated to the new update last night and now I am having this problem. I the interface stays in portrait mode. I do not have the auto lock on. It seems to me that the problem has not been resolved. I did not have this issue prior to the update.

The update that resolves the problem was submitted to the store last week but it has to go through the review process before it can be downloaded. As soon as the review is complete, the App Store system will publish it and you will be able to update.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

The 1.4.7 update has been approved and released on the app store, that should resolve the rotation problems.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.