Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar is ready!

Wow, Stephen! I have the new Toolbar, and it's awesome! It's certainly going to help me do things I couldn't do before. Very cool demo!

Some things I'd like to see in the next iteration...

1. A way to lay out the tools as a single vertical or horizontal bar.
    2. Keyboard shotcuts to each item... for use with LEAP MOTION's GESTURE KEY app.
    3. A way to remove items. Eg, I NEVER use the spraycan or crayon.
    4. Auto-hide when not using ArtRage.
    5. When creating HOVER ICONS, I'd like to be able to position the actual icon much more accurately, perhaps by right clicking on it to drag it where I want it? I'd also like the position of the pod to be independent of the position of the icon. In other words, I position the hover icon somewhere, eg, top left, and I position the pod somewhere else entirely, eg, top right. So I can cluster my hover icons in an intuitively easy-to-reach place, and I can have the pods appear where they 'do no harm'.

Killer program. Thanks!
    ROY BLUMENTHAL

Visual Facilitator: http://royblumenthal.com/portfolio

ArtRage 3.5.5 and 4.0.4 on:
    Fujitsu T901, Asus R1E

Hi Steve

Just wanted to say thanks for creating this tool, it's really appreciated.

I bought Artrage and a Surface Pro 2 last week but just couldn't get comfortable with a pen only workflow, and was getting really discouraged... to the point of considering returning the tablet. I'm happy to say that I downloaded your tool tonight and it's pretty much solved all my problems so again, a massive thank you for taking the time to do this - you're a dead set legend.

Mike

Hi all,

This is Luc, the guy who's been developing the toolbar with Steve. Thanks a lot for all the good words, they're much appreciated. Although we may not be able to take care of all the suggestions very quickly as the programming and testing take quite a bit of time, be assured that we consider all of them carefully. We typically include almost all of the suggestions when we upload a new version, so keep 'em coming even if we don't have time to reply to all the individual suggestions!

I actually like the idea of being able to place the Hover Icon where you want-- or atleast to make it more consistent. I actually told Luc to do it the way it is, but I now see how difficult it is to line them up or let them overlap, because the buttons don't appear at the same location on the Pod. We have also often discussed auto-hiding the bar when AR is not the active program. As for removing tools- you can, of course, only have one row of Tools, instead of 2. So that's an option. Just a thought.

Anyways, things are always growing and changing, so keep the input coming when you can, folks!
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

Quit?

I seem to have missed a vital instruction ... how do you quit the toolbar if you don't want it for some reason / exiting Artrage?

When i exited Artrage, the toolbar was still there on my desktop. Only way I could figure out how to get it to go away was to reboot the computer.
    My artistic ability is strained to draw stick figures.

I sit here in front of the computer in awe of the talent displayed by the posters in Art Rage.

Hi Arizona Willie,

The toolbar is a program that's independent of the ArtRage program so when you close ArtRage the toolbar won't automatically quit. To quit the toolbar, you can click on the top left button of the toolbar or right-click on its tray icon and select Exit Toolbar form the menu that will appear.

Hope that helps.

Error ar line 388

I already had the lastest AutoHotKey installed, so after unzipping the download I simply drilled down to the Toolbar folder and double-clicked on the .EXE file. When I did I got this:

Name:  2016-01-12.png
Views: 457
Size:  8.3 KB

As a workaround I have simply installed the Toolbar v0.3, which works fine but obviously lacks the new functionality.

Has no one else run into this problem?

Hi tmaynard,

For the latest version of the ArtRage Pen-Only Toolbar to work (and it's way better than version 0.3, so you should consider going for it!), you need to install the version of AutoHotkey that is included in the zip file (which is not the latest version of AutoHotkey). Unfortunately, the demand for the toolbar hasn't been high enough for us to completely convert it to the latest version of AutoHotkey.

Thanks for the response!

I rather expected an email notification of activity on this thread so I was pleased and surprised when I checked just now and saw your reply. Thanks!

Running two copies of AutoHotKey may or may not be ideal on my system ... but perhaps all of my own scripts will run with the older version. I'll check on that.

Last night I was toying with v0.3 and began to see where it could be adapted to other apps (e.g. Corel Painter, Photoshop, Sketchbook, etc.). If I dig into the code deeply enough, maybe I can fix the incompatibility issue.

But mostly, thank you for the suggestion to backlevel my AHK!

Hi tmaynard,

Instead of looking into the code and trying to adapt it to other programs, you may want to look into my more recent and powerful project called Toolbar Creator, which allows you to do what its name says (and you don't need to have AHK installed to run it). See:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/thre...ownload.63014/