Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar is ready!

Hi there

I was pretty excited when I saw this post, as anything that improves UI experience when drawing on my (sweet new baby) Surface Pro is welcome.

I'm reasonably sure I followed the installation instructions correctly, yet when I try to run the toolbar I receive the attached error message. Any idea what's going on? Maybe it's Windows 8 or Surface specific?

This minor stumbling block aside, it looks like you guys have done a wonderful job!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	broken.PNG 
Views:	396 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	73834

Hi tail3sin,

You are getting this message because you are using the wrong version of AutoHotkey. You need to use the so called "Basic" version of AHK that is provided in the zip file with the toolbar. You are probably using a more recent version of AHK called AHK_L. If there is no specific reason for you to use AHK_L, you should be able to just install AHK Basic on your computer and run the toolbar right away.

Just report back here if you encounter any problems.

Hi Steve,

I'm up and running with the newest version of the Pen-Only ToolBar, I'm encouraged to set a personal goal of making the desktop experience at least as good as that on the iPad or iPhone :-) ...

I assume that the instructions for creating a Hover icon relate only to the full view, and cannot be done in Workbench mode, is that right? ... I was able to create a Layers Hover icon only when I reverted to the full view ...

Thanks, and congratulations on taking the ToolBar to a new level ...
    xiěyì, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Hey Pete,
    Re: making the Hover Icons-- You must be in the Full Canvas View to make them. Once you drag and drop the few pods you want to have the quickest access to, you can then go into the Workbench and they will still all work. What you can't do is go into the Workbench Mode and try and create the Hover Icons there. That will not work. You need to prep your tools, etc. and then go to the Workbench prepared.

Hope that makes sense.

Just recognized we don't have a Hover Icon option for the Toolbox, as it's not a "proper" Pod. This would be a very good thing to include in the next iteration of the Toolbar....
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

Emulating AR 4 on iPad with Pen-Only Toolbar

Thanks, Steve, that's what I thought ...

So in the attachment, you can see that I am able to emulate AR 4 in full Workbench mode (hiding the Workbench ribbon) on the iPad via Air Display ... I have the new ToolBar downsized and customized with a Watercolor brush, and have added a Layers Hover icon ...

This method allows me to work on the iPad and leverage all of the features of AR 4, and at the same time I have all the benefits of the ToolBar, especially the simplified UI, and this in turn allows greater workflow efficiencies ...

ps: ignore the image, I'm prepping a background for an ink painting ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by chinapete; 03-07-2013 at 03:48 PM.
    xiěyì, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Thanks! That appears to have done the trick! I'll give it a good try over the next couple days. Thanks again!

Mirror tool ?

Hi

thx for the Toolbar.

Is there a way to add the mirror tool toggle to the toolbar ?

Regards

Nir

Hi all,
    We've got a new version to share. The "official" 1.0 version. There's lots and lots of new things it can do. I hope you all like it. All this is repeated in the first post in the thread, but for ease of use--

Here's the new download link for 1.0

and here's the link to the new YouTube demo and guide for the toolbar.

I hope you all have fun using it. I'm biased, but I think it's an amazing tool. I couldn't imagine using a Windows 8 tablet and Artrage without it.
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

This is fantastic. The only way to make it better would be to bundle it with ArtRage itself.

Thanks for making this!

color picker on pen only tool bar

Thanks for the new tool bar. It has great features and the you tube video is excellent It seem pretty easy to use but I haven't been able to activate the color picker. The icon isn't highlighted when I tap on it. I tried a right click but that didn't work. I'm probably missing something. I'm using a microsoft surface pro with the surface pro pen/stylus. Everything else works great. Any thoughts?

thanks
    Salubria