Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar is ready!

Steve, is the mediafire downoad the only option available at this time? It is a blocked domain on my server at this time.

Meisei,
    Let me look into that. I might be able to host an alternate download on File Factory. I've had some notes that some of the current download links aren't working, so I'll see what I can do.
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

There's a new version of the Pen-Only Toolbar up. Go to the first to get the link. I've just subbed it in for where the old, original link went. I go over things there, but it includes--
    1) Text to Speech capabilities for the Tool Tips and the Main Menu, for those who might need it
    2) a new Drag and Drop method to start Hover Icons that is much much easier
    3) some UI improvements to the Hover Icons in general

Don't forget- the Toolbar is totally usable with the new Workbench Mode, and provides a number of helpful additions to the native Artrage UI. For example, you can

-Resize to above 100 in Workbench Mode, using only your pen, with the Toolbar.
    -place and access your Pods wherever you want in Workbench Mode, using the Hover Icons
    -easily and quickly Select and Transform, Rotate, Repeat Undo and Redo, use the Eyedropper, Save, Flip Canvas, etc, etc. all in Workbench Mode, only using your pen.

Here's a few pics showing how some of these new features work.

This is the new window that appears the first time you use the new Toolbar.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audio and Visual Features Dialog Box.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	73754

Select how you want things to work, and go from there. Change your mind, and you can go into the Advanced Features to have access to the Audio and Visual Features.

This is how things work to access the Hover Icons with the new Drag and Drop Method.

Step 1-
    Name:  Drag and Drop Step 1.jpg
Views: 1237
Size:  48.5 KB

Step 2-
    Name:  Drag and Drop Step 2.jpg
Views: 1208
Size:  41.3 KB

Step 3-
    Name:  Drag and Drop Step 3.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  42.3 KB

And, of course, here the Toolbar is with Hover Icons activated, looking juicy and oh-so-useful in the Workbench Mode.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Working in Workbench Mode with the Toolbar.jpg 
Views:	411 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	73756

Hope you guys have fun with this. We've had a good time making it. I think it's a fantastic compliment to the new version of Artrage.
    Last edited by Steve B; 03-03-2013 at 11:31 AM.
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    Try out the free

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

Thumbs up

Steve

I have lotsa room on the ArtRageUS website to host this for you if you want or need to.

Let me know. Lotsa exposure too that way.

BR [email protected]

Will this work on a Mac or is it pc only

PC only. AutohotKey (the language it's in, that lets the buttons talk to Artrage) is a PC only language, afaik. Sorry on that one. We've had people ask before, but the language was never translated or ported.
    Try out the free

Hi Steve B
    First off, let me say I know very little about programming, so feel free to laugh heartily at these suggestions for possible ways of getting APOT onto Macs' someday. Maybe they're worth a look if you haven't already considered them.

1: IronAHK; this looks to me like a strait attempt at reproducing what AutoHotKey dose, but on Macs.
    http://www.ironahk.net/

2: Project Sikuli; which looks like an attempt at achieving the same/similar ends but by a different route.
    http://doc.sikuli.org/devs/system-design.html
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Hey MarkW,
    I'm also not a programmer-- LOL! That's my teammate Luc. I design the UI and propose functions that would be useful to an artist, help decide if things function properly in the real world, test and bug hunt, and do this sort of "support" on the public face of things.

RE: Iron Hotkey. I've seen that before, but it looked like it never got all the way off the ground when I last looked (about 6 months ago). Perhaps it's changed since then?

I've not seen the other option, but it would be interesting to explore it. I know Luc has very little time as it is, and we're still developing this Toolbar more (looking at Radial Pop-Up Menus, Buttons that let you drag __on__ the button to zoom, resize, undo and redo, etc) all kinds of jazz-- and one for Paint Tool Sai, while exploring using modified versions for Photoshop or Sketchup Pro (a tool I use professionally). If anyone is curious about porting this to Mac, let us know, but the code is all there in the folders. It's open source.
    Try out the free

Hi,

Thank you for that very useful Toolbar. Is there a detailed user guide pdf ?

Is it possible to create such a toolbar ?

Thank you for your help !
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Windows 10 - Surface
    ArtRage Studio Pro... ArtRage 7.1.3
    Draw and paint with a simple corded mouse.
    My gallery: https://www.pinterest.fr/cb6973/les-...de-christelle/

Hi Claudine,
    Glad you found the toolbar!

We currently have no plans to set up the Toolbar as you are picturing it exactly though. This is mostly based on the issue one gets when one might try and use them in such a setup. Hover Icons are activated by hovering over them with your pen tip. Thus, if they are right next to each other, and you have to pass over one icon to get to another, you will unfortunately activate the wrong Hover Icon. As such, I usually place them towards the top of my screen, for example, in a row, but slightly spaced. This allows me to easily access all the Pods without making mistakes, while still saving screen real estate.

What you're showing is the Main Menu of the Toolbar, plus the various AR 4 Pods, correct? By the look of it, what you're wanting to figure out is how to get all your Pods to be viewable in a compact space, I take it. If you're not interested in the buttons that are generally on the main toolbar (Rotate, Undo/Redo, etc) but want access to only the Pods, I would suggest this-

-use the Main Toolbar Menu to create all the Hover Icons through the Drag and Drop Method
    -use the Main Toolbar Menu to then minimize the toolbar itself to your tray
    -use the Hover icons without the Toolbar being viewable (but still running in the background, powering the Hover Icons)
    -place your Hover Icons where you want

I know that's not exactly what you were looking for, but I hope it's a work around that is still helpful for you.
    Try out the free