ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: new laptop lag

new laptop lag

HI Folks....My acer all in one black screened on me this week, I may be able to fix it but in the interim I bought a Samsung laptop with windows 8 (there goes my Wacom tablet lol) when I installed artrage I discovered the water colour brush and the knife seem to have a serious lag. Any suggestions as to how I can fix this issue?....oh if its any help the enter key on my laptop wont work in forum either so I cant separate sentences Thanks in advance..Moosie
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

It's possible that the Samsung laptop has fewer processor cores than the other machine, which might explain why processor heavy tools such as the watercolour are going slower. Could you let us know the model of the new device and the input method you're using (eg. touch, mouse etc.)?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hi Matt, it's a Samsung 300 E4C, 64 bit os , intel core i3-2328M, 725G HD, 8gb memory installed..and I use a wireless mouse..Moosie
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Why are you losing your Wacom tablet with Windows 8?

sorry lol guess i misworded that...i was planning to buy a wacom..instead had to buy a laptop to replace the one that died
    Author Unknown

It sounds like it could just be processor speed. If the processor is slower than the one on your previous device then the tools may run more slowly. Double check that Multithreading is turned on in your ArtRage preferences and try making sure that any utilities and other applications running in the background are shut down (new machines sometimes come bundled with large amounts of utilities that can slow the device down) but there may be nothing else you can do to increase speed.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Well it seems the problem ws the wireless mouse i was using. Even tho it had fresh batteries it wasnt working right. When I switched to another wireless it works fine BTW...when i open artrage on this laptop i get an annoying pop up asking for my 25 digit code? Each time ive had to go to member area and get it , how do i get rid of the pop up?.........moosie
    Author Unknown

Definitely an inconvenient problem! If you're having to re enter the serial number each time, it means that there's either a permissions problem preventing ArtRage from adding its serial number to Windows, or another application is removing the serial number from the Windows registry, most likely the former.

Launch ArtRage as an administrator then etner your serial number. Click OK, close and reopen ArtRage. This should solve any permission problem. I found this visual guide on how to run an application as an adminstrator on Windows 8

http://www.intowindows.com/run-program-as-administrator-in-windows-8/
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you Dave, that worked
    Author Unknown