ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Achieving Metallic Look

Achieving Metallic Look

I have done several pieces that have a glossy metallic look to them. I thought I would share how I achieve it here on the tips and tricks.

I got this effect by using the glitter set to metallic, the knife set to instant blur. I increased the size of both the glitter and the knife to the highest I could go. And don't skimp on spraying as much as possible. That is what helps to get depth. I used stencils to keep the circle and sprayed the glitter inside. I used the knife to gradually smooth out the surface. This is the part that takes a lot of perseverance and patience. I made stencils to develop the pattern inside the circles. Also, set the canvas to zero grain size and roughness to zero also. If the canvas is rough, you won't be able to achieve the glossy look. This is one of those experiments that will take some time to master.

Try using the black glitter with the metallic setting. Smooth it out with the knife on instant blur as related above. Then take the air spray and use either white, yellow or whatever light color you wish on the metallic setting and see what you get.

An interesting aspect of using the glitter and smoothing it out is that the image that appears is the Art Rage office. Try it and check it out. You will see windows and a doorway. Kind of funny actually.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	What you see.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	71299  

Metallic look

I'm very interested in the metallic look, it's very difficult to get it right in most software, that's one of the reasons I bought Artrage. Thanks for explaining how you did it. I'll give that a lot of attention. It should help me a lot.

Very effective. I'll have a try at that. Thanks!