ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Bright Horns

Bright Horns

a little more Miles Davis inspiration for today... hope you enjoy it.. It was 30 in x 38 in to start so it loses some detail at this smaller format..but you get the idea..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bright Horns.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	506.2 KB 
ID:	71298  

It is like the shattering of glass

Perhaps like ice on a pond. Shattered but all these colored crystals come out. Very eye catching and makes you respond.

Gary, I quite very very much like this one. It's got soul. It sings. Like Miles, it hits all the right notes.
    Question: Did you mean to have those pixilated bright lines that shape the long triangles coming down, or are those artifacts from the JPEG?
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    Another brilliant abstract....
    thanks kenmo

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    Perhaps like ice on a pond. Shattered but all these colored crystals come out. Very eye catching and makes you respond.
    Marilyn I can see the metaphor of shattered ice...that is the interesting thing about abstracts is that good ones make you respond yet everyone's response and what they see and interpret in it is different.

Quote Originally Posted by byroncallas View Post
    Gary, I quite very very much like this one. It's got soul. It sings. Like Miles, it hits all the right notes.
    Question: Did you mean to have those pixilated bright lines that shape the long triangles coming down, or are those artifacts from the JPEG?
    thanks byron... actually yes I made the lines dotted... they are not artifacts...

Another terrific work. Subtle colours and brilliant shapes...... maybe piano on the right??

I don't know whether they're the heavenly effect of musical horns or the luminous ones of Moses coming down from a fundamental meeting on the Sinai Mount, but I like the powerful sonority of this painting and the great use of the black and light grey tones separated by a wide range of the tonal scale.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!