ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: burnt sienna

burnt sienna

Can anyone tell me how to mix a good raw and burnt sienna, as well as raw and burnt umber?
    I've tried (using a mixing layer), but have come up short and these are two (4) good earth tone mixers
    I'm creating a custom palette to duplicate oils.
    Thanks in advance.

Yeah, the easiest way to get any color you want, if you're being really precise, is to pick it off of a picture you bring in. You can bring in any pic and it becomes like a live palette. So if there's a color you're after from Thomas Eakins for example, import an image of his and use that as a palette in which all the colors are already mixed. I realize that's not very old school, but what the heck.

The color palette/picker that comes with the program should work, no? And you don't have to mix it though you could I imagine. All depends on what shade and intensity you're after you can slide your selector around between color, saturation and value.

There ought to be other people here who will chime in on this topic with more concrete methods to share, I'm sure.

Meanwhile, check out the Tips & Tricks section. It would be a nice meander and informative. This program can do amazing things.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Yes, thanks for the tip. I realize this program does amazing things. I just have to bite the bullet and undergo another learning curve.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Yeah, the easiest way to get any color you want, if you're being really precise, is to pick it off of a picture you bring in. You can bring in any pic and it becomes like a live palette. So if there's a color you're after from Thomas Eakins for example, import an image of his and use that as a palette in which all the colors are already mixed. I realize that's not very old school, but what the heck.

The color palette/picker that comes with the program should work, no? And you don't have to mix it though you could I imagine. All depends on what shade and intensity you're after you can slide your selector around between color, saturation and value.

There ought to be other people here who will chime in on this topic with more concrete methods to share, I'm sure.

Meanwhile, check out the Tips & Tricks section. It would be a nice meander and informative. This program can do amazing things.
    BTW, where are the tips and tricks that you mentioned?

Tips and Tricks are in the Technical section, on the main page for the Forum.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ips-and-Tricks

:0)

Another way to do it is to import a colour sample into your palette.

Here is the complete Windsor and Newton colour palette for watercolors someone posted it here and I regret to say I have forgotten who that was.

Anyway it's here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d0cy6m730gdwd9j/c5W7TuHCKV

Brett
    Last edited by hypotaxis; 11-29-2012 at 08:20 PM.
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Or you look here: http://www.99colors.net/rgb/233,116,81

The RGB Code of burnt sienna is RGB color 233, 116, 81

but, I dont know if burnt sienna is correctly shown on rgb panels. Some days ago i did read in the internet, that some colors (also with very good panels) are impossible to show correctly. An example is "indian yellow", there is a rgb code too, but its imposssible to show the color correctly on panels.