ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fragments of Sketchbook

Lightbulb Fragments of Sketchbook

I decided to start collecting in this thread sketches composed as framed collages of what torn pieces of paper sheets picked up from the waste paper basket.

In my idea it's an open and collective thread where anyone else too, not just me, may post her/his composed and framed sketches and bits and pieces of work.
    A sort of tracing of our labour to fix an idea, follow a sudden inspiration, to test a process or just end up into a blind alley or a failure to use outcomes into some sort of composition because inspiration left us too soon or we weren't able to get what we saw in our mind or expected to get. Outcomes having, in our eyes, something we still like though. At the end of the day, just to use one of the key word of our age, it's an invite to recycle, like cooking out tasty recipes using what remains from previous meals, old bread and cheese etc., and also an opportunity to inspire each other to proceed from where we stopped in a partially explored path.

I would expect that some mates in here having particular artistic sensibilities and attitudes would set up and stage great artpieces this way too.

If it gathers enough momentum we may put it in the Project Thread (or keep it in here if You prefer so).
    Here's a starting (and modest) one to better express the concept.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fragment of Sketchbook.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	170.4 KB 
ID:	71293  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Just to add another one to better explain the concept and, maybe, encourage to recycle Your bits and pieces too ...

Name:	Fragment1.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	353.1 KB 
ID:	71307  

Wonderful idea Caesar. Are abstract doodles acceptable, or more representational is what you have in mind?

PS: I like your first offerings.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

what a great idea! I spent three hours checking on my abandoned paintings (sketches, scribbles, doodles, studies... whatever) from last year, none of them has ever left my HDD until today
    each of them I opened in ArtRage and converted into .png, then I made a collage using all of those "sketches", and I noticed that I actually like them a lot - which is strange, because I didn't like them for different reasons when I created them, that's why I abandoned them ... but now I see there's something beautiful in each of them

I hope you like them as well! (100% ArtRage Studio Pro 3.5)
    to see the uncompressed image, please get it from my dropox account

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	121125_Anj_ArtRage sketchbook 2011_WEB.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	555.9 KB 
ID:	71359

PS. I think it would be great if this could be moved to Art Projects as it is something everyone can participate in
    >>> MSIE's ArtRage Gallery <<<

"It's a living growing mutating art sculpture painting synthesis." (quote screenpainter)

Anything and any genre You like, dear Byron, and which may give visual pleasure to You and, consequently and very likely, to us too.

Thank You very much, dear MSIE, for Your rich and highly artistic contribution! I'll move it on the Project Section .... as soon as I remind how to do it. LOL

HELP! DO YOU PLS KNOW HOW TO MOVE THIS THREAD TO THE PROJECT SECTION?

Name:	Fragments2.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	367.4 KB 
ID:	71364  
    Last edited by Caesar; 11-27-2012 at 04:12 AM.

a great thread Caesar... I was wondering about abstract doodles etc like Byron ask about so with MSIE's great contributions I will have to dig around in my HD ...wonderful idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    HELP! DO YOU PLS KNOW HOW TO MOVE THIS THREAD TO THE PROJECT SECTION?
    I don't think you can move it yourself - but I'm sure if you ask nicely one of the Rage guys will do it for you
    >>> MSIE's ArtRage Gallery <<<

"It's a living growing mutating art sculpture painting synthesis." (quote screenpainter)

@ MSIE: that's a great holiday style card display for showing your work. Clever and it looks really colorful, energetic and upbeat.

@ Caesar: Deliciously earthy and fun as always. Love your carefree artistic panache. Very joyful like browsing the a back stacks of an old pulp used book store -- the kind I grew up on.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I'll keep waiting for your recovered doodles then, dear Gary, and I'm sure they'll look like splinters of jewels. Thank you!

Thank You, dear Kenmo! I guess You too have bits and pieces of past excercises You see as still having something appealing.

Dear MSIE, I arrived to just the same conclusion, so I'll make a request on the title or I'll bother someone of the Artragers as soon as I gave the opportunity to people who commented to get my thanks, one day may be enough I think.

Great image to define how You enjoyed them, dear D Akey. You reminded me when I followed a colleague of mine searching for old, rare or special aeromodels components in an East Side store placed in an old building, in New York. It's not a representative collection of my past time subjects (they were more), but certainly of my imaginary attempts to draw and see interactively together with my mind and look for its intuitive guidance. Thank you!