ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: HELP (desperate)

HELP (desperate)

Okay.. I really have no idea what the hell just happened.

I have ArtRage Studio without the Pro features and it worked just perfectly to me earlier.

Today I was working on a paid work and was ALMOST done with it as well, only needed some last touches. I saved it, it started the process saving, then something happened, what I have no idea but I just realized that the entire program closed itself without any error message or something.. I got suspicious so re-opened my working file, artrage format which.. which was empty with one transparent layer only!

I WANT back my work, somebody please HELP me to recover what was lost!
    I desperately ask for help and support I donīt have any other copy of it, I used to save art1 to art2 and back when I had computer issues and redoing parts of it is okay but my entire work which was 3 days of work went missing and I am close to a breakdown since I have lots of things to do atm, exams, work.. and this will be a huge time loss in my time table I simply can not afford.

Here is what left behind from my file;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7vofr9g9v...estruction.ptg

Anyone, any help would be highly appreciated this happened the WORST possible moment. ((

Sorry to hear about the problem. Without the exact error that you saw it's not possible to know what exactly caused it but it sounds like the application was shut down or crashed before it could save. In cases like this, if you're running on Windows you should be prompted to load a recovered version of the painting when restarting the app but that might not contain the final data either depending on the nature of the event that caused the problem.

Looking at the painting file I can't see exactly what happened but the full size preview that the application writes out is still in there. While you can't recover all of the layers you can recover the look of the file as it was when you saved. To do this, use the Import Image function in the file menu and import the painting file. That will load in the full size preview as a single layer. It's not perfect but it will at least let you recover the visual elements of the painting.

If you have any more information about what happened please let us know as we might be able to make suggestions to prevent it happening again.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    Sorry to hear about the problem. Without the exact error that you saw it's not possible to know what exactly caused it but it sounds like the application was shut down or crashed before it could save. In cases like this, if you're running on Windows you should be prompted to load a recovered version of the painting when restarting the app but that might not contain the final data either depending on the nature of the event that caused the problem.

Looking at the painting file I can't see exactly what happened but the full size preview that the application writes out is still in there. While you can't recover all of the layers you can recover the look of the file as it was when you saved. To do this, use the Import Image function in the file menu and import the painting file. That will load in the full size preview as a single layer. It's not perfect but it will at least let you recover the visual elements of the painting.

If you have any more information about what happened please let us know as we might be able to make suggestions to prevent it happening again.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Thank you VERY much!

The preview suggestion worked and as you said could win back the work the way it "crashed" as a single layer.
    That is perfect, it may not have the layers but the majority of my work was done what is missing can be done by adding an additional new layer and finish it.

I have no idea what happened, there was no any signs for what was on going. I just started the saving process which does take time to do so while it did I went for a glass of water. I came back and realized that no error message, no any disturbance but the artrage missing from the tabs. As I already did save-and-close option in photoshop I was wondering did artrage have similar thing I may just accidentally clicked.

I opened the file and was empty. I made a reboot to try it again but the same and the file size got ways smaller then it should be. But as I said nothing pointed out that this will happen or notify me about the situation.

Once again thank you, this way at least it did worth to work up to 4 am and not for the nothing, I am eternally grateful for your help and idea.

I take no other way to pray back the layers, right? If not it is okay understand I still have something to work from now!

CTRL+S over and over all the way through. It takes time but is worth it when this happens. Glad you've got it back.