ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Shields

Golden Shields

Still playing with 3D effect with Art Rage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	What Do You Think.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	319.8 KB 
ID:	71258  

That's golden. No, really! That's golden!

I like these too very much. Impressive simulation of solid golden chiseled objects. I also admire very much the exploration You must have made to find out the alchemic, magical tricks to achieve such marvellous creations.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

These are really neat.
    Geoff

You certainly have the Midas touch

not sure how you accomplished this wonderful effect but..it is totally awesome..

dont know how did you did in artrage, but it looks very nice, like from a 3d app.

I got this effect by using the glitter set to metallic, the knife set to instant blur. I increased the size of both the glitter and the knife to the highest I could go. And don't skimp on spraying as much as possible. That is what helps to get depth. I used stencils to keep the circle and sprayed the glitter inside. I used the knife to gradually smooth out the surface. This is the part that takes a lot of perserverance and patience. I made stencils to develope the pattern inside the circles. Also, set the canvas to zero grain size and roughness to zero also. If the canvas is rough, you won't be able to achieve the glossy look. This is one of those experiments that will take some time to master.

An interesting aspect of using the glitter and smoothing it out is that the image that appears is the Art Rage office. Try it and check it out. You will see windows and a door way. Kind of funny actually.

What you see in the reflection

This is what you get when you smooth out the glitter to see what is in there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	What you see.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	71266  

great effect!
    and yes, I can confirm the fact that there's an image of a room when you blur the glitter, and it also works with the paint tube! hilarious!!!
    >>> MSIE's ArtRage Gallery <<<

"It's a living growing mutating art sculpture painting synthesis." (quote screenpainter)