ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Morning with Chopin... Polonaise

A Morning with Chopin... Polonaise

more classically inspired works..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chopin Polonaise.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	491.3 KB 
ID:	71204  

Hey, GXHpainter, could you give the full name of the piece by Chopin? I went to Youtube to look it up, since I don't know his work except for generally, but I like his work especially when actually watching someone perform it close up, which is better than any dance in the complexity and the sound coming out of the piano, though dance does have other components that the music performance would naturally lack . But I found there were several Polonaises. Which were you listening to?

As an arrangement of colors and shapes it looks great. And I can see some of Chopin's motifs being graphically represented, like the iterative quality of rapidly played keys. Also he tends to do cascading runs that often feel as if they are spiraling. Also, depending on the interpretation, he also may have shown temperature shifts for contrast and movement.

Other than that, I won't comment on that translation aspect of this one until I can hear it and "see" what you were being inspired by.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Wonderful, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Hey, GXHpainter, could you give the full name of the piece by Chopin? I went to Youtube to look it up, since I don't know his work except for generally, but I like his work especially when actually watching someone perform it close up, which is better than any dance in the complexity and the sound coming out of the piano, though dance does have other components that the music performance would naturally lack . But I found there were several Polonaises. Which were you listening to?

As an arrangement of colors and shapes it looks great. And I can see some of Chopin's motifs being graphically represented, like the iterative quality of rapidly played keys. Also he tends to do cascading runs that often feel as if they are spiraling. Also, depending on the interpretation, he also may have shown temperature shifts for contrast and movement.

Other than that, I won't comment on that translation aspect of this one until I can hear it and "see" what you were being inspired by.
    D Akey....thanks for your elaboration on this piece.. I got this download from iTunes: Polonaise In a Flat Op 53 (The Heroic) Interpretations by Emile Pandolfi

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Wonderful, as always.
    copespeak....thanks for commenting.. I Googled the area where you are living... quite specatcular!...

HI gxpainter i like very much your style and this composition is strong veri good art
    Visit my website here

amazing, fantastic

This is one of my favorites of yours. The title is a wonderful entre to the visual. In college, I started many mornings listening to Chopin. The Polinnaise group in particular. At 8 yrs, I did my first recital - the variation known as Twinkle twinkle little star.
    Last edited by L Skylar Brown; 11-18-2012 at 12:57 PM.
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

Terrific. I share the enthusiasm for this piece expressed by everyone in this thread.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Quote Originally Posted by sabena View Post
    HI gxpainter i like very much your style and this composition is strong veri good art
    thanks so much sabena..

Quote Originally Posted by L Skylar Brown View Post
    This is one of my favorites of yours. The title is a wonderful entre to the visual. In college, I started many mornings listening to Chopin. The Polinnaise group in particular. At 8 yrs, I did my first recital - the variation known as Twinkle twinkle little star.
    I love the rippling keyboard of Chopin it sets the mind moving , glad you like this effort Skylar..and thanks for leaving a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by byroncallas View Post
    Terrific. I share the enthusiasm for this piece expressed by everyone in this thread.
    byron so glad you like this one.. listening to Classical music really seems to inspire my work..