ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Military Doctine Change

Red face A Military Doctine Change

A once opposed doctrine ... is recently being considered and adopted by not less than a couple of generals overseas. LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Military Doctrine.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	294.0 KB 
ID:	71186  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

When i first heard this guy's last name... for a second i thought it was spelled Betrayus, LOL

Wonderful illustration

Mike

Certainly interesting, well done on the illustration .
    Geoff

LOL....well done again Caesar...

Amusing Caesar. Love the vacation fabric underneath. Don't know the guy I'm afraid.

Betrayus? Hahah If you didn't get Project Pixel's Ceasar, that's not a direct English word - it's a play on words "Betray us". It's always been sport to play with the old Roman names to bend an English word into a name, even though it was the other way around where an English word came from Latin. I think it all started with the ostentatious name Tarquinius Superbus.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank You, dear Mike! LOL Wonderful pun and obviously he somehow betrayed two or three ladies and the trust which gave him his role, but I didn't want to be excessively hard with him. Most people, if we don't want to hide behind hyprocrisy, make some mistakes by underestimation or weakness or just behave like a stupid. He's not a criminal or worse than average. Unfortunately for him, he was expected to be not a saint, but a little better than average and more reliable. Obviously we shouldn't forget that also Gen. Allen (if I'm not wrong) is part of that mess.

Thank You, dear Geoff! This guy is an absolute amateur (in the sense of beginner) in front of our politicians.

Dear Gary, I had a weird idea. I wondered how You would have represented similar topics with Your abstracting painting style. Thank You!

Thank You, dear D Akey. I thought that a Sons of Flowers shirt (and the marjuhana cigarette) could fit someone who seem to prefer free love pleasures to war.
    Actually we do sometimes the same with pseudo-Latin words and even have still many Latin citations and quotes left we use in Italian (also outside the legal slang), but in several cases people state them uncorrectly. From the Manzoni novel which is one of the modern Italian literature pillars, we also got an exprssion saying more or less "leave out You latinorum" by a humble guy to say leave out complex and scientific terms to cheat me. Actually that word was uncorrectly declined (it's plural genitive).
    As for Petraeus (of Peter or made of stone, more or less, the latter in late Latin I suppose, otherwise it would be lapideus), I think some of his ancestors were Germans (or Dutch) coming from some ancient lineage. But what about Oscar Pistorius the? LOL

Thumbs up

LOL, one might say your Prime Minster (not sure what you call them ) is an expert in this field

The Prime Minister You refer to isn't so since one year, dear Jean!LOL Thank You!|

Ah, the new age of the Hippie. Bring back the memories. Nice drawing.
    The past is history, the future is a mystery, all you have is the present

Love your chunky grungy style! Very unique!