ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Web buttons

Web buttons

Hi Everyone. I am a video editor and wanted to make some nice glossy buttons in artrage. is this simple or should i stick too photoshop ? All help welcomed.

My thoughts are AR can do some things really well, but you can't get the 3D effect as with pillow emboss, etc. AR does have metallic colours, which could make them a bit quirky and interesting, and you could mix paint colours together for your buttons or use sticker sprays, and get some novel results. Of course, sticker sprays do have some good round buttons already in there. But for finishing, I would probably go back to PS.

For a push button solution stick with Photoshop. If you are crafting your work by hand, either one will work nicely.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

A versatile (and cheaper) alternative to using photoshop, that has great button making capabilities, is Xara Photo and Graphic design. There’s tutorial on making buttons here: http://outsider.xara.com/tutorials/j...rial/index.htm You can then import/export your buttons into/out of AR as *.png files.
    Last edited by Jono; 11-14-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    Good planets are hard to find - help look after ours.

You can use the freeware Inkscape, very suitable for the job.
    Here there is a tutorial just for buttons:

http://howto.nicubunu.ro/shiny_web_buttons_inkscape/