ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A magical duel

Red face A magical duel

I thought to a funny version of the final duel at Hogsworth where I it's Hermione to face You Know Who.
    It looks like this left the latter quite unprepared to the change and his magic wand, after quite some decades, seems not to be working that well anymore .... LOL
    I put a duplicated and blended version and the original one where the contrast of tones is weaker.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magic Duel Final Blended.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	287.8 KB 
ID:	71148   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magic Duel Final.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	277.2 KB 
ID:	71149  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

This is so good Cesare and as always has your sense of humour
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thank You, dear Katie! Glad You appreciated it.

LOL..... having read all these books I really appreciate this take... uniquely yours dear Caesar... very funny and excellently rendered.!

I like it Caesar, certainly makes one smile.
    I actually prefer the first one, I think the density of the colours brings something to the painting.
    Geoff

He who shall not be named has a dysfunctional unmentionable. Go Hermoine! Way to use your anxiety spell!

Just don't do a swish and flick canting "Wingardiam Leviosa!" That levitation spell would not do here at all. . .

And I'm with limey-g, I prefer the darker version.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Wonderful characteristics of the movie versions,
    i agree, the darker version makes the colors pop more

Are You suggesting I should write a Harry Potter parody, dear Gary? Apart from some possible problem with the copyright of and the royalties to the author, actually my younger boy did it in a funny and effective way by drawing many comics stripes thereabout with funny dialogues and the different characters being penguins. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Geoff! Unfortunately I could not get very dark tones with one layer only and the pencil + airbrush, so I ahd to sort duplicate and blend/ multiply the basic version to get the result.

Dear D Akey, should I ever set up a parodistic movie, I would certainly like to hire You at least for the dialogues! LOL Thank you very much for the comment and the fun!

Thank You, dear Project Pixel! I'm glad You enjoyed it and agree on which one is the best version too!

Very clever and a good giggle!