ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Stickers for iPad

Stickers for iPad

How possible would it be to add stickers for iPad? I don't have a laptop to put ArtRage on and I like being able to "paint" directly on the screen, but stickers and real color blending would greatly increase the potential of the app. I probably wouldn't use any other art app if ArtRage for iPad had these two features. Except, does one occasionally find colors appearing in the mix, unexplained colors that weren't there before, with real color blending? Sometimes this happens on ipad, an unexplained case in which a light tan and darker tan might begin turning orange-ey. The same anomaly might manifest when mixing a blue and grey as well. I can post a demonstration of what I'm describing if any expert can explain it or tell me how to work around it, such as using a pallet knife in a certain way or laying less paint on the canvass.

The program simulates paint mixing. I there a threshold, perhaps, where the program begins mixing the colors strangely or is it the way the colors are intended to mix? Off topic to the stickers suggestion, but it is a sincere question.

I look forward to hearing back.

-Gronkki

Thanks for the suggestions. Stickers and real colour blending ( stickers particularly ) are highly resource intensive, so they aren't currently features we're looking at adding to the iPad version. However this may change in the future.

The colour blends sound like they could be the result of RGB color blending ( which most apps use and ArtRage uses on the iPad ) will generate different results to mixing real paint. e.g. blue + yellow doesn't typically produce green on a computer, it tends to be a greyish result
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you for your prompt reply, Mr. Rage.

sincerely,

Gronkki