ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serenade in G Major.

Serenade in G Major.

I was raised on classical music and find myself going back and enjoying it again with a fresh view of it.. This was composed and inspired by a piece by Mozart..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mozart - Serenade in G Major.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	494.8 KB 
ID:	71136  

Beautiful dark with sparks at the top that just sing! Excellent Gary!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

It took me a minute to translate the G Major into the familiar Sol Maggiore, according to the names (apart Ut instead of Do) Guido d'Arezzo first gave them in the XII century out of some Latin verses to remember them and count on one end, but then I could better appreciate your wonderful translation of music into images!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by jibes View Post
    Beautiful dark with sparks at the top that just sing! Excellent Gary!
    Thanks Neal , coming from an accomplished musician that means a great deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    It took me a minute to translate the G Major into the familiar Sol Maggiore, according to the names (apart Ut instead of Do) Guido d'Arezzo first gave them in the XII century out of some Latin verses to remember them and count on one end, but then I could better appreciate your wonderful translation of music into images!
    dear Caesar, I am so pleased you found this passage of musical/imagery satisfactory...

Beautiful work as always, and all the more so when combined with Mozart.

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Beautiful work as always, and all the more so when combined with Mozart.
    copespeak... thanks glad you like this... I tried to find where you live on Google earth.. looked at cities in Victoria province ... looks beautiful especially the countryside...

Nicely done, your work certainly makes one think.
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by limey-g View Post
    Nicely done, your work certainly makes one think.
    Geoff
    thanks Geoff... should I hand out asprins?.... hope you can relate emotionally to this as well....

A trip. I did not read what you wrote before looking at what came forward for me. I see an old style pine coffin, and there are stair steps leading to heaven. Not in a Led Zeppelin way, though the symbols sort of add up to it, though not the emotions for me. I see this as more of a clay of the earth, dust to dust sort of thing for the shell we're riding around in, and once shed, the fetters are off, so to speak.

Once I read what you wrote, the other thing for me is it could be just being enticed into a higher plane through music -- above the muck and slog. Nice stuff.
    Last edited by D Akey; 11-16-2012 at 09:29 PM. Reason: fix type-os that drove me nuts
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Re: Where I live...... up in the Strzelecki (what a wonderful word!) Ranges in West Gippsland, Victoria., Australia. It's a glorious, glorious place.... steep green hillsides and HUGE views. We're very lucky. :0)