ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Remberance Day

Remberance Day

Today is remberance Sunday so I thought this was appropiete. GOD BLESS THEM ALL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	REMBERANCE DAY.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	71125  

Very lovely painting dear Jo
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

lovely painting and yes it is remembrance day in Belgium, Great Britain and the most of Europe.....and i'm also a day older now,lol

Lovely painting so appropriate to remember those who gave so much.
    Geoff

Veterans Day in USA. Beautiful

fine work and very appropriate ...

Never forgotten
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

A really moving painting.
    I guess it's the national day in US to remember dead soldiers of the past wars.
    All nations have their own remembrance different dates, and November has much to do with WWI for instance. The fourth we celebrated in Italy the WWI victory after a very gloom start and retreat to the Piave river line (when we enjoyed also a little US soldiers support, as You may know if You read Hemingway). It's not really a joyful event, since we paid, just like in the WWII, a terribly heavy tribute (and, sadly, the Austrians soldiers too). A couple of days ago France did the same celebrating the last WWI German army assault, but forgave, in their celebrations, quite typically, to remember the 26.000 Italian soldiers who kept that allied front and assault after we finished our part against Austria.
    Fortunately Europe seems to have ruled off wars among us, although we kept quite a few of our national follies and madness as well as some remaining unfair and surrepticioully protectionist attitydes or leading dreams.
    Anyway a thought and prayers from us all for all those young lives lost or ruined by wars and the hope that we may evolve so much as to avoid to make wars among countries just impossible and reasonless and peace a profitable dividend.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!