ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Heisenberg (from Breaking Bad)

Heisenberg (from Breaking Bad)

Created using an iPad2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	405.4 KB 
ID:	71114  

Very nice. You've got the way he holds his lip just right. I love the skin texture.

Also, I LOVE that show. Can't wait for the second half of season five.

Excellent work, you have the eye and specs spot on... a nice blend of painterly and sharp focus
    ...but seeing as you chose to place this under the Critique section, I would venture to suggest that you give the inside of the nostril more attention rather than just having it black. Even if your ref didn't show detail I think it would make things all the more interesting if you added it in...
    Just my 2 cents, but great job all the same
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. (Mark Twain)

Quote Originally Posted by Rowena View Post
    , I would venture to suggest that you give the inside of the nostril more attention rather than just having it black. Even if your ref didn't show detail I think it would make things all the more interesting if you added it in...
    Just my 2 cents, but great job all the same

Rowena, you are quite right, the nostril does look unfinished, now that I study it. My ref was a frame grab from a video I got off YouTube or somewhere, so it didn't have that much detail. I usually find I get a bit exhausted with a particular painting and hardly ever go back to it. I think the first spirt of expression is more valuable, usually, than my revisits to it, but that's just my style of working. Thanks for your critique.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Happy Larry View Post
    Very nice. You've got the way he holds his lip just right. I love the skin texture.

Also, I LOVE that show. Can't wait for the second half of season five.

Thanks Larry

I am wondering if you have seen my other painting from Breaking Bad called 'Gus gets a blast' ? (It isn't on this site however as I didn't use artrage but you can view it on my home page: charlipadart.redbubble.com