ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Preset not shown when selecting a tool?

Preset not shown when selecting a tool?

Hi all.
    I noticed a thing. After I select a tool (e.g. the Oil Brush, the Pencil, and so on), if I click on the Presets Pod, I don't see any selected preset, so I don't actually know which preset is used at first, before selecting a particular preset. If then I select a preset, the choice is maintained.
    Maybe I am missing something, could you please explain why just after selecting a tool the first time the program doesn't show any preset as the selected one?
    Maybe does this mean that there are "generic" initial settings for the each tool, different from those recorded in the presets?

Thanks

I would LOVE for this to happen! I am always wracking my brains trying to remember which one I'm using.

Presets are basically just combinations of settings and the initial state of the tool doesn't have a preset assigned to it. Similarly, when you change any properties of the current tool (including size) the previously assigned preset is cleared because the settings no longer match its initial state. At the moment the application remembers which preset was allocated to a tool in a single session, but restarting the application clears that. We're going to be adjusting this in a future update to help clarify which settings were selected.

Hope that makes some kind of sense!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hi Matt.
    Thank you for the explaination.
    I actually noticed that when I change any properties of the current tool the previously assigned preset is cleared, and this makes sense.
    But maybe it would be useful if also the initial state had a corresponding preset (maybe a simple "Standard"), in order to better clarify which is the actual condition of the used tool.
    Thanks.