ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ArtRage performance on the new Atom powered Windows 8 tablets?

ArtRage performance on the new Atom powered Windows 8 tablets?

Hi,

I am very interested in the New Atom tablets/convertibles coming out for Windows 8, as they most of them have a Wacom digitizer!

I was wondering if the dev team has already done some testing or is able to tell if ArtRage will run well on these tablets/convertibles?

I myself I am thinking about buying the Samsung Ativ Smart PC, as it's in a reasonable price range.

I know there are also i3/i5/i7 tablet/convertibles coming, but most of them either don't have a Wacom digitizer or they have prices above 1000 dollars, which I am not willing to pay at this moment. Especially not for the first iteration Devices. Maybe in a year or two.

So I hope that software like ArtRage and/or SketchBook Pro will run well on the New Atom Powered Devices!

Hi,
    I found a quite detailed review of the new Samsung Ativ Smart PC, where the author also mentions Artrage and the Wacom pen. The only problem is that the review is in Italian (like me ). Maybe you can use a translator, or eventually ask here if you don't understand some points. The link is:

http://www.italico.tabletpc.it/2012/...ecensione.html

In summary, the tablet seems performing quite well, but the author doesn't like the quality of the included pen. Also, at least here in Italy, the price is quite high, about 800 Euros with the Wacom digitizer.
    Probably it is better expecting some more opinions on the performances with Artrage, and possibly a price decreasing.

I tried out the Samsung Ativ Smart PC in the shop for 2 hours or so, but in the end I let the Windows tablets be for now and wait until Next year when Intel is coming With the New generation Processors.
    The Atom CPU just doesn't cut it for the majority of x86 Applications and the Core i5/i7 tablets that are coming are even heavier and will almost surely become uncomfortably hot With intensive use.

So for now, I upgraded from iPad 2 to iPad 4 and stick With that for now. As I bought all the apps anyway.

But a Windows 8 tablet With Wacom digitizer is going to be stunning With the New Intel CPU's Next year! Then it will be time to switch from Apple to Windows tablet!