ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moments before tragedy.

Gallery
    View images

Moments before tragedy.

hi there, inspiration for this latest painting of mine, came from a chameleon, that i saw in my garden, while watering plants.... i didnt paint the exact thing, but it just gave me a subject/an idea. later, i did study few refs of lizards of all sorts to paint one and thats about it, what u are seeing here is all painted from scratch. i came up with this particular look of it that i wanted to have....
    along with that, i introduced a touch of drama/tradedy, by painting an innocent looking ladybird, totally unaware of the approaching, crawling danger.
    i visualised the composition and mood and painted this in artrage, using tablet.

thanks for watching...best wishes to all....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Gallery
    View images
    That's beyond awesome. Dear God. :|

Gallery
    View images
    Well waheednasir,
    Your kimono type dragon certainly does look threatening to a harmless little lady bug.
    Those Thorns & Colorful Thistle-like flower also tie in the subjects and the theme you chose, very well.

Kind Regards,
    Florida Girl

Gallery
    View images
    Wow!

This is an absolutely amazing painting. I love the marks in the background to compliment the skin of the chameleon. Great drama. Virtuoso painting technique.

I love it. I could easily see this in any science museum or magazine dealing with nature. It's right up there with the very best work done for those venues. (I'm giving you the benefit of my ignorance as to the anatomical and scale accuracy of the creatures.)

Might want to put a few samples together and see if you can't get a big juicy commission.

I would certainly hire you for some features were I an editor.

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Waheed, hope he doesn't turn his head this-a-way !!! thanks for the wonderful art, and inspiration,,,,,,,,,,,

Gallery
    View images

thanks...

thank u so very very much...Verticae, florida girl, D Akey and Lee....

d akey...thanks for the offer mate.... and i like that "juicy commission"... :lol:.

lee...yea... :lol:. its good that he's too busy watching the bug....

thanks again my friends.... have a lovely day.
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Gallery
    View images
    Oh that's brilliant! The level of detail you've put into the skin of the lizard is phenomenal.
    Waheed you're such a patient and observant person!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    wow fantastic Waheed the care you put into the lizards scales is phenominal and i quite believe the ladybird is toast

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Gallery
    View images
    Waheed- That takes serious dedication. Well done. I make it out to be a breed of iguana. If I were to offer a critique it would be about scale. The ladybird seems rather large for an iguana with spines that developed. That doesn't diminish my opinion of the work however. Your technique is as usual flawless and your sense of light and color is delightful.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    Waheed ...Tizz a cracker........Did it blink just then......Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.