ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Recording Scripts - bugs...

Recording Scripts - bugs...

are there any settings to make scripts record better?
    I've been trying to record them on my PC but when I play back it's never right.
    If there are layers then they tend to be off in the order (some items painting over others etc.).
    If there's knife work and I enlarge the canvas prior to playing the script, the knife work is way off too.
    Painted areas tend to have lines/scratches appear that weren't in the original etc.

I really love the idea of recording a painting in lower resolution and having it play back at higher to create
    a painting worthy of printing but the current results are frustrating.

Any / all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

-Brett

Could you export a jpg image of the original result of your painting, then zip your script file up so that it's smaller than 10mb and email them both to me at support@artrage.com? That should help in seeing what the differences are. In your email also please let me know:

1/ What dimensions you're playing the script back at
    2/ What version of ArtRage you're using e.g. Studio Pro 3.5.5 ( you can check the version in the Help -> About ArtRage window )

Scripts played back at different resolutions will not be an exact copy of the original scaled up, as they are a set of instructions to allow the painting to be repainted step by step by the application rather than a pixel by pixel copy. You may see some differences due to the organic nature of the simulation as the tools must be resized to repaint your original image, but what you're seeing may be different from this so it's worthwhile looking into.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Could you export a jpg image of the original result of your painting, then zip your script file up so that it's smaller than 10mb and email them both to me at support@artrage.com?
    1/ What dimensions you're playing the script back at
    2/ What version of ArtRage you're using e.g. Studio Pro 3.5.5 ( you can check the version in the Help -> About ArtRage window )
    Done, done and done. Thanks for looking into it Dave. Let me know if you need anything else from my end.

I get odd lines and things too so I will be keeping an eye on this thread.

Please contact us at support@artrage.com with the details of the problem so that we can help directly.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design