ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: bamboo pen probs

bamboo pen probs

Hello , i really don't know whats goin on but when i want to create a new layer using my bamboo pen? the only thing it does is duplicating the layer. i click on the little space for the fly out but that don't come out. i run Win7 64bit,8MB ram dual core, Artrage 3.5.5

Can you tell me exactly how you're attempting to add a new layer? I wasn't quite sure what you were doing there.

What happens if you tap the 'new' button in the layers panel? If that works, can you give me the steps you're going through which duplicate the layer instead?

Make sure you're using the latest drivers for your tablet as well. if ArtRage is receiving a double click from your stylus, then the menu could be opening but being dismissed due to an option being automatically selected.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

its not so easy for me to explain, but having a layer and want to ADD a layer, i can click with my pen on the little window in the layer it self giving me a menu of choices for adding ,duplicating and so on. But instead of giving me the menu? it opens directly a new layer ,this can be or a duplication or a empty layer.but 99% is the latter.
    As always i have to click only ones to open the menu but now i have to hover over the little window and click on the the button of the pen to have to menu,never had to do that before. the little glimps i got from the menu showed me that the selection is always over the second choice if i'm right? "Duplicate layer" what should not be a problem IF i wanted this but i want a new layer but thats not always what i want.

for good understanding let me repeat that i click on the little window IN the layer it self NOT the "new' button

If the menu is appearing, then the option under your stylus is immediately being selected, it sounds like ArtRage is getting two click messages from your stylus.

I would recommend reinstalling your tablet drivers, as it's most likely to come from a problem there.

Download the latest version of the Bamboo tablet driver for your operating system from www.wacom.com

Uninstall your current tablet driver from your Windows control panel

Restart your computer then double click the file you downloaded to install the latest driver version.

If this doesn't help, please email me at support@artrage.com and I can do some more direct troubleshooting with you. When you email me, please let me know:

1/ Whether you're using ArtRage Studio or Studio Pro
    2/ Whether the problem has always occured for you or it used to work
    3/ Anything that you can think of that changed on your computer around the time that the problem first occured.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Following your advice...and uninstalled the driver and reinstalled a new downloaded driver....problem solved should have done so with my previous re download of the latest driver BUT....it seems i must have forgotten or not thought about uninstalling the driver already installed.
    Now when i click ones with my pen in the little layer window? the menu comes up as it always has been done.Thx for the help and i try to remember to uninstall my drivers first and then reinstall the new ones

Thanks for letting us know that helped. That's great to hear
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design