ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: fan brush and package file

fan brush and package file

Hi there, i just purchased your app: artrage pro 3 and had a bit of a play,i'm wondering that there's no fan brush(i couldn't see it)..and if it's missing? is there anywhere to get more tools like this essential one as i've noticed some options in the menu( package file)so it seems things can be added to this app..what is package file anyway?? and also where can you get addon's for this app if there are any at this time?

There aren't any conventional "fan brushes" in ArtRage. What type of effects were you looking to create? Some users have probably created presets that they use to mimic some of the effects a fan brush creates. Presets are basically saved tool settings, and can be created for all of the ArtRage tools. For example, If I found a particular combination of settings, for the Oil Brush tool, that come close to what you're looking for in a fan brush, I could then save those settings as a Preset for the tool, which I could then easily share with you. That's where the Package files come in. Using ArtRages Package system, I can take any of the presets that I believe might be useful to you, and package them up into an ArtRage .arpack file. By putting the file online, you could then download it, and install the .arpack into your ArtRage program, allowing you to use the brush settings. Package files are not limited to preset files, though. They can be packed with pretty much everything, like canvas presets, grains, stencils, or stickers.

As for finding the resources, you're going to have to rely on some internet searches. Personally, I'd start with these forums, since they are the official forums for the program, you can expect to find only the type of files you need, and won't have to sift through anything that won't work with ArtRage. I'd recommend starting in the Art Supplies area, or the Tips and Tricks area. As they're the most likely spots to find resources (and how to install them).
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    There aren't any conventional "fan brushes" in ArtRage. What type of effects were you looking to create? Some users have probably created presets that they use to mimic some of the effects a fan brush creates. Presets are basically saved tool settings, and can be created for all of the ArtRage tools. For example, If I found a particular combination of settings, for the Oil Brush tool, that come close to what you're looking for in a fan brush, I could then save those settings as a Preset for the tool, which I could then easily share with you. That's where the Package files come in. Using ArtRages Package system, I can take any of the presets that I believe might be useful to you, and package them up into an ArtRage .arpack file. By putting the file online, you could then download it, and install the .arpack into your ArtRage program, allowing you to use the brush settings. Package files are not limited to preset files, though. They can be packed with pretty much everything, like canvas presets, grains, stencils, or stickers.

As for finding the resources, you're going to have to rely on some internet searches. Personally, I'd start with these forums, since they are the official forums for the program, you can expect to find only the type of files you need, and won't have to sift through anything that won't work with ArtRage.

hi thanks for the big write up and helpful advise the reason i need a fan brush is because it's the way i'm used of when i'm doing real landscape art i use them for small bushes and grasses and such btw the spam filter on this forum hates me to death lol i went to reply to this and it blocked me probably didn't like the links when i quoted.
    Last edited by GremlinMo; 10-29-2012 at 02:08 AM.

far as I know, you only have to make ten posts to be able to post links. so hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by screenpainter View Post
    far as I know, you only have to make ten posts to be able to post links. so hang in there.
    ok thanks for that