ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Is it possible to change the user content folder?

Is it possible to change the user content folder?

Hi all.
    I am trying to better understand the folder structure of Artrage 3.5 Studio Pro, in order to be able to use the wonderful addon resources found here and on the web.

One thing I noticed is that on my system, with Windows 7 64 bit, my User Content Folder is DEEPLY nested, it is in C:\User\Myname\AppData\Roaming\Ambient Design\ArtRage 3\Resources.

I know that the folder is directly accessible from the program, but I would prefer to put it in a more accessible position, and possibly in another partition (also to avoid filling too much the system partition).
    Is this possible? If not, I think that the option would be a welcome addition in the next version of the program (that I like very much by the way ).

Thanks

Hi there,

It's not possible to change the default location for user resources in the application. We use standard user data folders on Windows and OS X. On Windows you can shortcut to the application data folder by running 'appdata' ( windows + r then enter appdata ). Thanks for the suggestion!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Hi there,

It's not possible to change the default location for user resources in the application. We use standard user data folders on Windows and OS X. On Windows you can shortcut to the application data folder by running 'appdata' ( windows + r then enter appdata ). Thanks for the suggestion!
    Hi Dave, thanks for the quick reply.
    Yes, in general I think that programs that heavily rely on the possibility of adding resources, as in the case of Artrage, benefit from the possiblity to customize the user content folder. This is not a major feature, but it would be nice to see the option in the version.

Congrats for the good work, I am trying a lot of nice custom material found here on the forum.