ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attic...

Attic...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zolderkleur3.jpg 
Views:	1751 
Size:	260.1 KB 
ID:	70836

The start of the Rusty Knight....

beautiful illustration with so much detail and richly colored... looks like a place of pure magic... I would love to hang out there..

Great image AND colours

I love the way you draw this cartoon... and the colours are sobers!
    (is there a way to learn to draw by memory?.. I presume you just did it with this image, didn´t you?)
    kaiko

Quote Originally Posted by kaiko View Post
    I love the way you draw this cartoon... and the colours are sobers!
    (is there a way to learn to draw by memory?.. I presume you just did it with this image, didn´t you?)
    Hi kaiko,

This a painful question you're asking because for the first time ever I used a photo as a reference...traced the roof infact :-)
    Just could'nt get it right so I turned to a photo... left out a part and changed the window to a more farm attic look..

So... You got me there!

Regards,

Arjen

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    beautiful illustration with so much detail and richly colored... looks like a place of pure magic... I would love to hang out there..
    Thank you ghxpainter!

The story of a boy who opens a chest in the attic and finds his greatest treasure ever.... A knight's suit.. (harness is I spell correctly)
    And from there on the Rusty Knight is born... pure magic indeed!

Your feedback tells me I'm on the right track!

regards,

Arjen

Another wonderful illustration , as I peruse over this one a question comes to mind, as there are so many objects within the attic other than the focal ones for your
    story do you have all these items in mind, as there are so many or does the painting just evolve to fill up the space on the canvas. ?
    Geoff

Very fine work. I really like your palette. And your story telling is brilliant. Well done!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

:)

Well-done
    kaiko

Quote Originally Posted by limey-g View Post
    Another wonderful illustration , as I peruse over this one a question comes to mind, as there are so many objects within the attic other than the focal ones for your
    story do you have all these items in mind, as there are so many or does the painting just evolve to fill up the space on the canvas. ?
    Geoff

Hi Limey-g,

the text is about an old attic packed with years of collected stuff.
    So it contains items mentioned that I have to draw... initialy I forgot the pram.....Got smacked around the ears for that and had to ad it. :-)
    But you are right.... normaly I just start drawing and the picture evolves piece by piece.... I do try to keep the composition in mind though...
    but if I change perspective then I can't draw as many items as i did now.

Yours,

Arjen

Quote Originally Posted by M. Aster View Post
    I am impressed by your line art in this piece. It reminds me of André Franquin's line art that I love very much. You seem to work in his great style and tradition.

Hi M.aster,

Thank you for the compliment.. franquin is one of the greatest!
    The illustrator that I'm influenced by the most is Janry....But it still is my own style of drawing...
    But being compared with a childhood heroe is a big compliment on a monday morning!

Yours,

Arjen