ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: October Floods

October Floods

October in Oregon is a month of oranges, scarlet's and flooding rains...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	October Floods.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	483.8 KB 
ID:	70818  

Nicely done Gary love the fall colours you have used.

Geoff

very good work with color
    Visit my website here

Hi Gary, like this a lot, very nice colors, you get the rain Vancouver Canada gets, that where my daughter and 2 sons live, rain, rain go away lol

Quote Originally Posted by sabena View Post
    very good work with color
    sabena..thanks I was thinking of the rich color in the leaves right now..

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Hi Gary, like this a lot, very nice colors, you get the rain Vancouver Canada gets, that where my daughter and 2 sons live, rain, rain go away lol
    Pat well I am in Central Oregon which is more desert so we get 6-8 inches a year but lots of snow in the mountains.... Vancouver can get that in a few days....but I am near enough to drive over to the coast and coast mountains and the jungle there.

Instead of calling this a natural disaster, I prefer to call it 'Punchy'. . .

Very aggressive work.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Love this one
    A dashing autumn
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

So many interesting textures and colors

You get so many unique effects that I have to look at and admire . There is such freedom and joy in it!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Instead of calling this a natural disaster, I prefer to call it 'Punchy'. . .

Very aggressive work.
    Thanks I guess... I have never had a painting called aggressive or Punchy...but I think you are saying it has bold colors and sharp contrasts that give it those qualities in a good way.. I will admit that the orange point against black is a Halloween effect.....

Quote Originally Posted by silvy View Post
    Love this one
    A dashing autumn
    Thanks Silvy so happy you like the dashing color combinations..

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    Thanks I guess... I have never had a painting called aggressive or Punchy...but I think you are saying it has bold colors and sharp contrasts that give it those qualities in a good way.. I will admit that the orange point against black is a Halloween effect.....
    Yup. That's what I meant. Contrast with sharp-ish transitions, bold shape, intensity of color. Bangs it home very abruptly, as opposed to lots of soft transitions and a focus on an overall harmonious aspect rather than the individual elements making their presence known individually.

Also the title of a flood tends to put an edge to an interpretation owing to the context, a meaning that implies an intrusion by more water than the area can handle comfortably, often times requiring to some extent potentially desperate measures be taken to preserve life and property, depending on the danger.

All cool either way, just what it appears like based on what and how you put into it, to me anyway.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream