ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Rotating Panels In ARPro3

Rotating Panels In ARPro3

Page 19 of the manual for ARPro3 says that you can 'Tear Off' and reposition panels as well as 'Scale' and 'Rotate' them.
    However, I have yet to find a way to actually rotate them. I have options for 'Scale' and 'Jauntify' once I've moved them but nothing for rotating them. Am I missing something here?
    The manual doesn't say but is this a Windows only option maybe, like Filters, and not available to us Mac users or is it a bug?

You can rotate the panels holding the "Alt" key (or Mac equivalent), and left click, dragging the panel from it's moving tab area.

Here are the shortcuts for PC (for Macs, you'll need to use the equivalent keys, like the "Command" key):

Shift + Left Click: Resets the panel to default size and rotation.
    Alt + Left Click Drag: Rotates the panel.
    Alt + Left Click Drag + Shift: Rotates the Panel, allowing for snapping to 15 degree increments.
    Ctrl + Left Click Drag: Scales the Panel.

And here's a video demonstration of this: http://youtu.be/JJOpuEjjQnY

Edit: I'm pretty sure the filter option isn't a windows only feature. You just need to use filters specifically made for macs, as well.
    Last edited by Someonesane; 10-21-2012 at 04:08 AM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks for the quick reply Someonesane, just what I wanted to know

As for filters, to be honest its just a minor inconvenience really.
    I've tried pointing AR at the ones in other software I have, including PhotoShop Elements and it dose not recognize them.
    The manual has this to say on filters; "ArtRage supports .8bf format filters only, other types of plugin will not work." And sadly the .8bf format is a strictly Windows only format.
    If other Mac users have got working Filters it would be good to here from them though...

8bf isn't a Windows only format, it's the standard Photoshop filter format and is used on OS X as well. While the .8bf extension may not be visible (or may now be hidden inside an application bundle) Mac filters (that are supported) should work fine.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks for the reply Matt but this just doesn't seem to be the case for me
    All the Adobe filters I can find on my system have the extension .plugin
    Also looking on the internet, all references I could find to using .8bf files on Macs say it won't work and is a Windows (x86) format only.
    Would you be able to post an example filter that dose work or put a link to some that will work in AR3?
    And to any other Mac users out there, if you have got any filters that work maybe could you let other here know where you got them.

Maybe you could split this to a new thread Matt as its drifted a bit from my first question.

The extension isn't actually that important here, we're referring to the format of the filter specifically, so while a single file that has the extension .8bf is generally a Windows version of the filter, the 8bf format is supported by Photoshop on both platforms. I don't have a Mac version of Photoshop available to check filters but I can say that the default ones Adobe provide tend to use internal API systems that aren't published so can't be supported by other applications.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.