ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Peculiar problems

Peculiar problems

Hi Dave

I have suddenly started having unpredictable problems.

1. I am having problems opening .ptg files. I get this error message:

Name:  error.png
Views: 105
Size:  39.5 KB

2. Images are spontaneously rotating by 90 degree clockwise.

3. When I open Artrage I get several white boxes of various sizes. I think they are "ghosts" of the panels. They disappear if I restart.

4. The undo key (Cmd-Z) stops working. And sometimes the undo arrows in the tool bar do as well but not always.

5. It has also become somewhat more unstable than usual. It's usually very stable - except when I am doing a complex painting and get so involved I forget to save, then is crashes :-)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and there is no change. I uninstalled using Appzapper.

I am running MacOSX 10.8.2 on a Mac Mini with dual screens.
    Artrage Studio Pro 3.5.5
    Intuos 5 tablet.

I think this looks like a MacOS problem. Yes?

Can you point me to link which tells me how to completely uninstall ArtRage - everything! And I'll reinstall again.

Cheers

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Hi Brett,

That's definitely some pretty strange behavior. Can you tell me where those PTG files were created? Were they created with Studio Pro on your Mac, or created on the iPad then moved to your Mac and opened in Studio Pro?

When you get the odd appearance for the panels, does pressing the escape key make any difference?

If you launch ArtRage, then clear preferences by going to Edit -> ArtRage Preferences, then clicking the menu button at the right and choosing 'reset preferences to default', then close ArtRage, your preferences file will have been cleared. You can then drag the ArtRage application to the trash to uninstall it.

That sort of error tends to indicate a problem with the painting file, it could be damaged. Do you have an example painting file which you get that error with of less than 10mb in size you could email to me at support@artrage.com ? If so, I could take a look at it here on my OS X 10.8 system. Could you also send me a screenshot of the ghosted panels?

I think it's worthwhile looking into the ArtRage side of things before the OS, there may be a simple answer to this one.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Hi Brett,

That's definitely some pretty strange behavior. Can you tell me where those PTG files were created? Were they created with Studio Pro on your Mac, or created on the iPad then moved to your Mac and opened in Studio Pro?
    Yes, definitely Twilight Time! They were all made on my Mac Mini. It's not all files, only a few.

When you get the odd appearance for the panels, does pressing the escape key make any difference?
    I don't know. I try that next time it happens.

That sort of error tends to indicate a problem with the painting file, it could be damaged. Do you have an example painting file which you get that error with of less than 10mb in size you could email to me at support@artrage.com ? If so, I could take a look at it here on my OS X 10.8 system. Could you also send me a screenshot of the ghosted panels?
    I have emailed one to you and you'll see that it is also one that rotated spontaneously. Weird!

I think it's worthwhile looking into the ArtRage side of things before the OS, there may be a simple answer to this one.
    OK. Mountain Lion certainly has created some odd behaviour on my box, though >8-[ ] BTW I have cleared all prefs and reinstalled.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========