ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Sunday's Child

Sunday's Child

this is my Sunday's child... hope it finds you all in good spirits..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sunday's Child.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	487.2 KB 
ID:	70721  

That's a ripper, as always! You're so good at these. :0)

WOW Gary, this is so very creative and interesting, love everything about this one, as always great talent

thanks Pat and copespeak.. so glad you like this... I enjoyed making it.

Had to look up the meaning of Sunday's Child. . . or the Sabbath day. . . Yeah, I can see it here. This has a playful feel to it. Nice arrangement of shapes/marks.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

This is an apparently serene composition, although I feel some nostalgic sentiments in it and a slow movement going with some sort of reminding it seems to describe. I absolutely love the sap green textured area and I wonder how You got that effect.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Nicely done Gary, well thought out.
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Had to look up the meaning of Sunday's Child. . . or the Sabbath day. . . Yeah, I can see it here. This has a playful feel to it. Nice arrangement of shapes/marks.
    Hey good to hear from you again.. hadn't seen you about lately guess you took a little time off too.. thanks for looking and commenting..and welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    This is an apparently serene composition, although I feel some nostalgic sentiments in it and a slow movement going with some sort of reminding it seems to describe. I absolutely love the sap green textured area and I wonder how You got that effect.
    Caesar...always fun to get your impression..glad you like the sap green area... not really a mystery .. I painted on a separate layer the greens and red browns, then lock the layer transparency to my subsequent work would be locked to the currently painted marks and then I chose a reddish-brown ( side note : for areas of work I use the color picker and keep the value in the midtones to light and select varying hues...without moving the lightness-Saturation ) and then stencil in a sponge like effect. I use this techinque a lot of my current works... I tend to find how to do something and then play it in the next dozen or so works.. I find that I like this also for "quiet" areas of subtle effect and variation and use other areas of flat color for highlights and accent / focal areas... and that blending generates a very satisfying overall effect.

Quote Originally Posted by limey-g View Post
    Nicely done Gary, well thought out.
    Geoff
    Geoff.. so glad you saw this and liked it..
    Last edited by gxhpainter2; 10-19-2012 at 03:24 AM.