ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: removing pods

removing pods

When I open Artrage Studio Pro-most of the pods open and I have to manually close each one.is there any way to have Artrage open without any pods opening?

Pods are the small square boxes that are used to access the panels for various features (Samples, References, Layers, etc). If you've gone to View > Pods and unchecked any of them, they should no longer appear on your canvas area (and subsequently means you can't click on them to open the panels, without going into the menu bar, or using a shortcut key). The Panels, that the pods open, should remember whether they were opened or closed the last time you used the program. So if you had the layer panel, samples panel, and settings panel opened, then closed AR, when you open the program again, those panels should be onscreen. If you had everything closed when you shut the program down, then they should be closed when you open it again.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I close them down each time I use Artrage...but the next time I open Artrage they are all open...and I just get fed up having to re-close them. There must be a way of opening artrage without all the pods opening

When you close the pods, this is is saved to your preferences file. If they are reopening when you launch ArtRage again ( assuming you're closing the app normally so it can save its settings ), then this means that there's a problem saving your preferences. It could be a damaged preferences file, or it could be a permissions problem on your computer.

Try resetting preferences first. Edit -> ArtRage Preferences -> Click the menu button on the right then choose to reset preferences to default. Then close and relaunch ArtRage when prompted.

After this, go to Tools -> Pods and uncheck the stencils pod. Close Artrage and launch it again. The stencils pod should no longer be visible.

If you still have problems, please email me at support@artrage.com with the details as I'll need to do some troubleshooting with you to try and find out what's stopping preferences from being saved for you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks Dave that seems to have worked.