ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: 23 North Richard...

23 North Richard...

...our first new house. The year, 1954. Winter. She (my mother) looked out onto the falling snow. The Paganini Variation was on the phonograph. To noone in particular, she said "Is this it? All there is?"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Is This It (2k).jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	296.8 KB 
ID:	70714

She divorced my Father (for the first time) 6 months later.
    3 layers. Orig size 5600x4300 pxls at 400 ppi. 3 layers. Impressionism. Oils.
    Last edited by L Skylar Brown; 10-14-2012 at 01:46 PM.
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

I remember 'The Piano Teacher' and some others in the paintings line, that like the path through the time tells the story from the past. I must say, they all have the same fascinating psychologic depth. For me it is something, that turns pictures of childhood in the real art. We all have memories, but not everyone dares to paint feelings. ...This invisible subject.

This a really like Skylar, you have an amazing talent to bring such depth to your paintings and in this case even a story.
    Geoff

Very beautiful Skylar, shows so much emotion and depth, wonderful painting of a beautiful lady

Skylar, your work always is deeply felt and transmits that to us through your talent.. and it is exceptionally nice.. the mid fifties were a very challenging time for everyone. People were just starting to question the roles and traps of those roles.

Memories are wonderful, be they happy or sad as they make us what we are, Great painting Skylar
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Dear Bilbo-Brown, I wasn't born as yet in 1954, but still that period life in US is quite fascinating for me.
    It looks like that many changes, new anxieties and additional existential problems we now see pretty natural in recent decades, started overseas well before anywhere else, also due to an early and considerable departure from ancient and traditional lifestyles, economical models and phylosophycal vision which occurred over there anticipatedly.
    Your painting really has a soul and a memory, apart from the usual mastery You deploy.
    Therefore I got intense feelings, sweet and slightly bitter memories, nostalgies and deep thoughts from what you shared here.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!